NextEra Energy Principal PGD Engineer - Cost & Growth in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal PGD Engineer - Cost & Growth
Date:Nov 20, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 48231
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
This position is part of the Power Generation Division (PGD) Cost and Growth (C&G) team, a division of PGD Business Services. C&G is an integral part of the investment decision-making process for several NEE subsidiaries. Although a majority of the team’s volume is driven by NEER’s growth objectives, C&G also supports investment valuations for other NEE affiliates such as FRP, NEP, FPL and Gulf.
C&G’s primary focus includes:
- Providing accurate, reliable and timely O&M forecasts used to evaluate at least 2,000 individual PPA bid opportunities and other evaluations (M&A, etc.);
- Identifying, quantifying, communicating and documenting technical/operational risk exposures in draft Power Purchase Agreements (PPA); and
- Supporting O&M Services Agreement offerings for Build-Own-Transfer (BOT) opportunities.
This role will support a combination of Wind, Utility-scale and DG Solar, and Utility-scale and DG Energy Storage opportunities (including wind repowerings, M&A, divestitures, and BOT opportunities) by working with a broad spectrum of subject matter experts (SMEs) from both PGD (e.g. Reliability, Fleet/Operations, Engineering Support, High Voltage, Business Services, etc.) and throughout NEE (e.g. Engineering & Construction, Development, Project Valuation, Legal, Business Management, Environmental, Integrated Supply Chain, Treasury, etc.).
We are looking for an individual that has the following characteristics:
- Blend of technical/operational and commercial/financial experience;
- Strong project management, written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Ability to build and manage dynamic MS Excel models along with the ability to build NEE-approved PowerPoint presentations for Leadership communications;
- Consistently demonstrates thought-leadership and sound judgment;
- Strong attention to detail, including QA/QC mindset, and a drive to continuously improve upon the framework provided in NEE’s Excellence in Staff Work;
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to identify, analyze, communicate, resolve and document critical issues and findings;
- Understands how O&M budgets are utilized by various SMEs and can concisely, clearly and correctly explain the major drivers;
- Consistently demonstrates ability to mentor less experienced team members;
- Is comfortable reviewing complex agreements and, where applicable, participating in formal Mgmt. project vetting sessions;
- Has fundamental understanding of the NEE affiliates that we support and how that may impact the O&M proformas;
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with regular exposure to PGD Senior Leadership; and
- Is able to manage competing priorities against tight deadlines while operating under the knowledge that Senior Mgmt is committing significant capital dollars based, in part, on the O&M assumptions embedded in the valuation model. Job Overview
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities • Manages one or more programs of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives • Acts as a subject matter expert • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs