NextEra Energy Principal Litigation Attorney in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Litigation Attorney
- Date:May 31, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 50316
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
We are seeking an experienced litigator with a strong background in civil trial practice. An ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience at a top-tier law firm and/or an in-house legal department. This position will focus on commercial litigation and arbitration including e-discovery, energy, and oil and gas. Must be proficient in all aspects of civil trial work especially as it relates to drafting pleadings, discovery, and motion practice. Practice experience in both federal and state courts, extensive experience in deposition and motion practice, and jury trial experience preferred.
Other responsibilities include:
• Supporting in-house litigation team in all capacities related to claims and lawsuits brought against the Company
• Researching legal and business matters, formulate opinions and advice, and prepare memoranda regarding such matters
• Preparing, reviewing, and/or approving pleadings, agreements, and other legal documents
An ideal candidate will possess:
• A proven ability to independently manage large case load and other projects, including electronic discovery
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to distill complex legal issues and provide sound, clear legal advice to business partners
• Experience with litigation in both state and federal courts, experience with mediation and arbitration a plus
• Confidence operating in a fast-paced, solutions-driven environment
• A team player with excellent written and oral communication skills
Employees in this job participate in complex legal matters and projects and deliver timely and quality legal services to clients with moderate supervision.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides written and oral legal advice to clients
• Anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the organization
• Works to ensure budget compliance and avoids the need for outside counsel
• Ensures disclosure of potentially material legal issues to senior leadership
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Member in Good Standing of State Bar
• High School Grad / GED
• Juris Doctorate
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:3+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Legal/Regulatory/External Affairs
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs