NextEra Energy Principal IT Programmer Analyst(Java) in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal IT Programmer Analyst(Java)
Date: Oct 6, 2021
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 57060
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
The team has developed a cloud-based, time-series database that consumes over four million tags from 600 NextEra assets and serves the data via Excel, Ignition, Web Trender, cloud analytics tools, and various in-house applications. The system feeds data to nearly 3,500 internal and external customers including critical control, operations, and diagnostics centers such as the ROCC, FPDC, PMI and EMT.
10+ years of experience with developing enterprise standard Java applications
2+ years cloud native application development experience preferably AWS
Extensive experience with containerization and orchestration engines like Docker swarm or Fargate
Experience working with SQL/NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL and Cassandra.
Experience with Message queuing systems like HiveMQ, ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ
Experience building REST APIs and debugging distributed microservice-based applications
Experience with continuous delivery (automation of all processes throughout the software development lifecycle); e.g. automated builds, automated tests, automated deployment.
Demonstrated experience with event driven architecture - Ability to build loosely coupled software and highly scalable software solutions
Solid understanding of Data Structures and Algorithm Design
Experience with Git, Jenkins, and other Development tools
This position works with Business Intelligence (BI) tools and analytic systems that help end users analyze data in a data warehouse, data mart, or other data storage facility. Employees in this role manage the data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing, and updating processes. Individuals utilize their intimate knowledge of the business data, BI tools, and their use to facilitate in-depth business process analyses.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements and integrates BI applications into technical infrastructure and existing business processes, including reporting, dashboards and analytical data structures
• Provides functional guidance to business unit personnel, and develops end user training and business-orientated metadata definitions
• Designs and writes the scripts required to extract, transform, clean, and move data and metadata
• Participates in the change management and service ticket management processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring, and ensuring customer satisfaction
• Works with application vendor as well as licensing of the application
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Ensures that systems and processes (including those of external service providers) comply with corporate social responsibility, security, compliance, environmental, and other applicable policies, standards, and legislation.
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Meets daily, weekly, and monthly reporting requirements
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 7+ years
• Bachelor’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs