NextEra Energy Principal IT Configuration Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal IT Configuration Analyst
Date:Aug 15, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 35103
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The Service Transition Team strives to protect the live operational environment of infrastructure services and assets deployed, while driving data integrity practice and ensuring that services meet the agreed expectations of the business, customers and users. As a Principal IT Configuration Analyst, you will manage and implement the organization’s Configuration Management plan, principles, processes, policies and standards. The configuration lead will serve as subject matter knowledge regarding Configuration Items, configuration baselines and their relationships in support of other ITSM and compliance processes. The IT Configuration Lead ensures that the processes carried out are in compliance with the policies of the company. You can expect to be responsible for the following:
- Utilize subject matter knowledge regarding Configuration Items, and their relationships and attributes; promote integration and automation of data sources into the Configuration management database (CMDB)
- Partner with technical SMEs to define and maintain configuration baselines for different infrastructure technologies (Network, Storage, Compute)
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operational activities of the process and ensuring the CMDB effectively supports the needs of other ITSM processes, including support of processed required to maintain compliance to NERC CIP requirements.
- Involved in the continuous improvement of the CMDB data model design (including naming conventions, relationships, etc.) and the development of the policies, process procedures and controls required to ensure the integrity of the CMDB data.
- Functions as the technical liaison with change control processes and authority
- Implements, configures and maintains all CMDB (Configuration Management Database) processes, work instructions and activities in compliance with ITIL V3 framework.
- Understand the Data Dictionary related to the CIs.
- Maintain the accuracy of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), including regular audits of the Configuration Items to ensure that all records and relationships are complete and up-to-date.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to fine-tune related processes.
- Define metrics, collect data, and report on the effectiveness of IT configuration management processes
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- ITIL Certification
- Configuration Management experience
- NERC CIP knowledge Job Overview
This job analyzes business processes and practices and identifies technology opportunities. Employees in this job design and implement information technology solutions to meet customer needs and business goals and strategies. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a strong familiarity with business processes that are in their area of business focus
- Establishes and manages effective customer relationships with users of business, financial and operations systems, as well as technical team members
- Applies advanced analytical skills within functional area to decompose work into manageable value-based units
- Responds to requests, identifies conflicts, and makes recommendations where needed
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems
- Uses knowledge of business processes to identify interdependencies and functional gaps
- Builds strong working understanding of the technical solution being delivered and analyzes and determines failure points in the solution
- Contributes to the application testing process (directly or to support end users)
- Creates and updates documentation, as appropriate, for selected project framework
- Maintains a familiarity with market trends in technology
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami
- NextEra Energy Jobs