NextEra Energy Principal IT Architect - Data Specialization in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal IT Architect - Data Specialization
Date:Aug 15, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26196
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset. Come join our fast-paced, innovative technology team in expansion. The team is seeking an IT Architect to help with defining strategy and evaluating tools for our data practice. In this role you will you use your excellent communication and presentation skills (whether delivering to technical or business audiences) to make sound decisions based on key business drivers (not just technical concerns), and be a champion of change (challenging the status quo), to promote and foster continuous IT improvement and Innovation, with strong ability to mentor others. You will be responsible for development tools, technology evaluation principles and practices, and developing proof of concepts using your enterprise methodology frameworks experience such as TOGAF, AGILE, Waterfall and SDLC.
Highly desired experience:
- Proven and recognized technical expert in multiple areas including development of strategy for: cloud computing, high volume transaction/event processing, large scale databases (‘big data’), Data Dictionary, Master and Meta Data, Modeling, Schema and Semantics, and structured/unstructured/semi-structured data processing for Cloud and on premise implementations
- Big data stores such as Hadoop/Cassandra/MongoDB, AWS S3/RedShift and traditional data stores such as Oracle, SQL Server, Greenplum, Netezza, Teradata, and SAP BW/HANA. BI tools such as: MS PowerBI, SAP Business Objects, COGNOS
- Docker/microservices, SOA, Web Services, EAI, Map Reduce, Cloud Computing, and Analytics/ Reporting on Mobile devices (iOS & Android)
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis and related tools such as R, SAS, or MiniTab and their fit in large scale analytics
- Demonstrated ability to drive Enterprise Information Technology strategy to include: Real Time Analytics, Data Architecture and Business Intelligence
- Strong background with Enterprise Data Warehouse concepts and the use of In-Memory technologies, to deliver large scale high volume event based systems such as Smart Grid both on premise, cloud based, and cloud/on premise hybrid models. Job Overview This position develops and maintains high-level design plans for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision-making through the project planning level. Employees in this role are top-level experts and visionaries, responsible for the development of strategy and design of an assigned technology or for the network or infrastructure components to support that strategy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Gains organizational commitment for all high-level architecture plans • Initiates and participates in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans • Produces documented frameworks, architectures and plans how to manage the implementation and integration of a technical environment • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami