NextEra Energy Principal Financial Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Financial Analyst
Date:Mar 26, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Corporate Development is responsible for engaging with investment banks and counterparties during the deal process in order to negotiate terms and structure deal financing for the merger or acquisition. The team also works on corporate strategy presentations for executive leadership in conjunction with the subject matter experts around the company.
In this position you will have responsibility for the following:
- Creation and review of financial models for potential transactions
- Mentor junior analysts on financial modeling
- Analyze the financial structure and determine the earnings impact of mergers/acquisitions
- Propose strategies to maximize the financial performance of the company
- Work with Treasury, Regulatory, and Accounting on analyzing various financing plans
- Identify and analyze the impact on the financial structure, profitability, financial integrity and competitive position of potential transactions the company is pursing
- Work closely with business units to support them in developing their business strategies, including preparation for the annual strategy review with the executive team
The Principal Financial Analyst should possess the following:
- Ability to work on matrixed team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills – including expertise in Excel
- Strong communication skills – interpersonal as well as the ability to create presentations
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or technical field highly preferred
- MBA, CPA, or relevant graduate degree highly desirable Job Overview
Employees in this role supports Senior Management decision making via financial modeling, including but not limited to, revenue requirement and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analyses of financial impacts of issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, financial integrity, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department’s forecasting models • Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc. • Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services • Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies • Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings • Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management • Acts as a mentor to lower level employees • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance • Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs