NextEra Energy Principal Financial Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Financial Analyst
Date:Sep 20, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Are you interested in joining a diverse team dedicated to developing renewable energy? If so, the Development Support Services group is seeking a Principal Financial Analyst that can drive impactful change through financial analytics and process improvements.
- Providing critical and insightful financial information to senior leaders, developers and internal customers
- Offering superior financial support and education to financial and non-financial team members
- Maintaining accurate financial records by performing and reviewing all month end close activities
- Managing the project level financial forecast process that contributes to ownership and accountability
- Identifying cost saving opportunities and developing strategies to execute
- Focusing on continuous improvements, including enhancements to accounting, forecasting and reporting processes
Ideal skillsets include:
- Hands-on accounting experience with strong business acumen
- Strong analytical, financial and Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
- Track record of success in self-directed environment
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Solid SAP and BOBJ knowledge
Preferred personal characteristics:
- Possess an inquisitive mind and “can-do” attitude
- Comfortable working alone or in a collaborative environment
- Focus on flawless execution and business success
This opportunity offers the ability to gain experience working within the development organization of the nation’s leading energy provider. We are looking to hire top talent with the desire to learn and grow, while also bringing fresh ideas to the organization.
Employees in this role supports Senior Management decision making via financial modeling, including but not limited to, revenue requirement and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analyses of financial impacts of issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, financial integrity, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department’s forecasting models • Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc. • Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services • Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies • Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings • Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management • Acts as a mentor to lower level employees • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance • Master's - Accounting / Finance
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs