NextEra Energy Principal Accountant in Juno Beach, Florida
Date: Jan 31, 2024
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 78003
is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
The Property Accounting team at FCOE is looking for a strong Principal Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting research skills and take ownership of various projects, adding value through critical thinking and inter-personal skills.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Work closely with the Development, Engineering & Construction, Project Controlling, and Tax teams to ensure proper accounting treatment and compliance with policies
• Review master data accuracy for recording new assets such as WBS, company codes, profit and cost centers
• Ability to quickly establish priorities and meet all assigned deadlines related to the FCOE accounting close
• Prepare and present timely and accurate management reports
• Improve, develop, and implement new processes to manage the rapidly growing business
• Master various systems to extract data needed for value-added analytics and/or problem resolution.
• Review and approve the calculation and recording of monthly journal entries and related supporting schedules
• Oversee SOX review, design and effectiveness
• Review timely and accurate management reports and support external reporting requirements (e.g., 10K, 10Q, etc.) as required
• Process minded focused on continuous improvement
• Directs, mentors and coaches team
• Prompt and accurate customer support (internal/external)
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
• Driven – committed to career development through personal improvement
• Problem solver - proactive thinker with practical solutions, very analytical, and orientation to be tightly linked to business strategies and financial priorities
• Professional skills – strong interpersonal skills, builds and nurtures cross functional teams and relationships, respects others, is tactfully assertive, has a bias for action, and follows through to completion
• Technical skills – experience researching, interpreting and applying accounting rules and policies
• Process & project management – strong planning and organizational skills
• Integrity – strong ethic to comply with legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies
Employees in this role develop accounting policy through analysis of GAAP and business practices. Ensures accounting treatment is practical, cost-beneficial and accurately portrays the economic substance of business transactions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes proposed transactions for structure and proper accounting treatment under authoritative accounting literature
• Reviews changes in technical accounting literature, develops positions and present to management
• Maintains awareness of accounting issues being considered by regulatory bodies and advises management of important matters
• Ensures consistent application of accounting policies
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance / Business
• Experience: 6+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Master's - Business Administration
• Master's - Accounting / Finance
• Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs