NextEra Energy Principal Accountant in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Mar 22, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 51541
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description The Forecast & Reporting team within NEER Finance is looking for a strong Principal Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and take ownership of various projects, adding value through critical thinking and inter-personal skills. An ideal candidate will be:
Responsible for all forecast reporting, SEC reporting and GAAP financial aspects related to Capital Expenditures (CAPEX).
- Preparation and analysis of actual and forecasted NEER CAPEX reporting
- Review and prepare timely and accurate management reports
- Support external reporting requirements (e.g., 10K, 10Q, etc.)
- Preparation and analysis of monthly MOPR CAPEX report
- Prepare CAPEX slides in support of Strategy Pitch, Budget Pitch, Investor Conference and Board Meetings as needed
- Partner with IT to further automate CAPEX reporting
- Master various systems to extract data needed for value-added analytics and/or problem resolution
- SOX Controls – ensure SOX activities that occur within NEER reporting are executed and documented properly and manage other SOX processes as assigned
- Directs, mentors and coaches team
- Process minded focused on continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
- Driven – committed to career development through personal improvement
- Problem solver - proactive thinker with practical solutions, very analytical, and orientation to be tightly linked to business strategies and financial priorities
- Professional skills – strong interpersonal skills, builds and nurtures cross functional teams and relationships, respects others, is tactfully assertive, has a bias for action, and follows through to completion
- Process & project management – strong planning and organizational skills
- Integrity – strong ethic to comply with legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies Job Overview
Employees in this role develop accounting policy through analysis of GAAP and business practices. Ensures accounting treatment is practical, cost-beneficial and accurately portrays the economic substance of business transactions. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes proposed transactions for structure and proper accounting treatment under authoritative accounting literature • Reviews changes in technical accounting literature, develops positions and present to management • Maintains awareness of accounting issues being considered by regulatory bodies and advises management of important matters • Ensures consistent application of accounting policies • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance / Business • Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) • Master's - Business Administration • Master's - Accounting / Finance • Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs