NextEra Energy PGD Engineer in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Oct 16, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 47207
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy’s Power Generation Division is looking for an engineer to support the Combustion Turbine Fleet Team (CTFT) in Engineering and Operations Support Services (EOSS). This position will include responsibilities for supporting emerging and strategic efforts associated with Nextera’s large fleet of combustion turbines. Additionally, this role will focus on long term planned outage scope planning.
The PGD engineer will own and be accountable for a number of key tasks
- Responsibility for troubleshooting and resolving emerging fleet issues, working closely with OEMs and the plant teams.
- Planned outage scope development, in collaboration with planning, to clearly plan all necessary details for the outage.
- Development of planned maintenance procedures, based on observed trends across the fleet and responding to bulletins from the OEMS.
- Travel to power plants to develop relationships with the site team and to understand the details of the plants supported. Job Overview
Employees in this role apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields. Individuals will use advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Devises new solutions to problems encountered
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s - Engineering
- Experience: 2+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs