NextEra Energy PGD Associate Business Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
PGD Associate Business Analyst
Date: Dec 22, 2021
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 58144
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
This individual will develop subject matter expert in two or more areas of business expertise. Supports decisions and recommendations significantly impacting financial & commercial aspects of the business unit. Successfully influences critical and controversial issues with high level business unit management and other internal departments and in some cases external agencies/organizations (i.e. external auditors, FPSC). Responsible to participate and support the critical financial issues to overall business unit commercial objectives. These include but are not limited to budgeting, forecasting, analysis, benchmarking, reporting and internal controls. An understanding of the financial and reliability impacts of budget & forecast changes is critical. Supports the compliance of financial and controls policies/programs designed to meet the commercial objectives of the business unit that drives continuous fleet improvement.
This job assists in execution of the Corporate and NextEra Power Generation business processes. Under direct guidance, employees in this role are responsible for OandM and capital budget preparation and reporting, cash flow management, and financial analysis and reporting. Individuals plan, schedule, communicate, and coordinate the annual budgeting process, the monthly re-forecasts, and month-end close for the site, and ensure that all transactions are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley. Employees in this position also focus on the continuous improvement of spending, risks and opportunities, and costing methods in accordance with corporate policy and business objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity-based costing, and inventory control
• Provides financial leadership by supporting Operations leadership in decision-making and strategy development
• Supports new lines of business and finds ways to reduce overhead cost per job
• Provides reporting and analysis for all operations activity including productivity, capital and overhead spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, and inventory and operations planning
• Prepares and distributes financial reports and indicators and explains financial results to non-financial audiences
• Communicates and explains operational performance through P and L
• Collaborates effectively with colleagues from all departments
• Leads and executes process improvement projects using Six Sigma principles
• Manages internal controls processes and identifies and mitigates control weaknesses
• Extracts, organizes, analyzes, and reports data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
• Develops broad technical and communication skills through self-study and internal and external training opportunities
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Analytical Problem Solving
• Statistical/Advanced Quality Methods
• High School Grad / GED
• Financial Planning
• Safety Policy and Practice
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:0+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs