NextEra Energy Payroll Analyst II in Juno Beach, Florida
Payroll Analyst II
Date:Apr 9, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23403
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We strengthen and engage our greatest assets - our employees!
Seeking a self-motivated, financial professional with payroll knowledge to join our Payroll team. The Payroll team is responsible for processing payroll, ensuring employment tax compliance and limited payroll accounting processing for all NextEra Energy, Inc. employees. The preferred candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks, be familiar with SAP and have some accounting entry experience. Must be process improvement minded with a bias toward action and learning.
Job Overview Employees in this job perform a variety of moderate-to-complex functions in preparation, distribution, reporting and analysis of payroll for applicable companies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a payroll executioner responsible for oversight of payroll processing for assigned companies, subsidiaries, or units
- Conducts root-cause analysis for payroll interfaces, exports, and reporting; identifies solutions, and takes corrective action when applicable
- Performs routine and ad-hoc reporting and analytics
- Formulates responses and supporting analytics for related regulatory requests including public service commission requests, litigation requests, internal/external audit requests, etc.
- Supports and assists with payroll-related SOX procedures and internal audits, ensuring payroll processes are in line with controls
- Participates in or leads special projects such as year-end W2 processing and company acquisitions
- Administers 3rd party vendor relationships inclusive of international payroll
- Develops new ideas and solutions for process improvements to improve effectiveness and efficiencies in the payroll department
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
Master’s - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-KR1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami