NextEra Energy Part-time Associate Accountant in Juno Beach, Florida
Part-time Associate Accountant
Date: Nov 22, 2022
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
The Accounting & Finance Operations team is currently seeking a motivated college student who is ready to apply knowledge of financial terms and principles to an authentic real-world experience. This is a remote, part-time position and flexibility will be given based on class schedules. The college student will assist with a wide range of duties, including analyzing financial information, performing vendor call backs, preparing financial reports, and learning about various accounting activities. This is an exciting opportunity for any student pursuing a career in accounting/finance.
· Assist with month-end financial reports
· Post journal entries
· Assist with audits
· Reconcile balance sheet accounts
· Collaborate with the finance team on forecasting efforts
· Manage monthly tracking of construction activities
· Participates in special projects and performs special assignments as required
· Customer focused attitude
· Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics major
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Aptitude for mathematics
· Basic understanding of financial and accounting principles
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multitask
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Practical experience with a wide variety of accounting and other activities
· Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
· Opportunity to participate in networking events, company meetings and gain exposure to leaders in the company
This job performs a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical and accounting functions in accordance with standard NextEra Energy procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, project accounting, tax accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable or related financial area. Individuals in this role may reconcile bank accounts, post information and balances in general or subsidiary ledgers, process payments and compile segments of monthly closings, annual reports, etc. either manually or via SAP.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision:
• Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems
• Processes accounts payable or accounts receivable and sets up and maintains vendors for multiple companies
• Audits invoices entered at remote locations for completeness and accuracy, corrects errors in accordance with procedure
• Manages electronic workflow, monitors and resolves open invoice items, prepares and processes domestic and foreign wire transfers
• Creates and maintains vendor data to include IRS 1099 reporting requirements
• Interacts with all levels of employees as needed to perform responsibilities
• Works on special projects as requested
• Applies advance bookkeeping practices for project accounting
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: College Part Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs