NextEra Energy NEER System Operator in Juno Beach, Florida
NEER System Operator
- Date:Apr 12, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 52803
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 among electric and gas utility companies in Fortune® magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies®." Join a team that’s among the very best…at NextEra Energy Resources .
NextEra Energy, Inc. is one of the largest and highest-performing power generation companies in the nation and a leader in Renewable Energy. This position is part of the Renewable Operations Control Center (ROCC). The ROCC is responsible for a diverse generation fleet of over 15,000 MW’s.
This job is responsible for monitoring and controlling the reliable transfer of power on the Company’s transmission facilities. This position interfaces with the Generator Operator (GO) and maintaining reliability of the Company’s transmission system with specific operating practices and according to NERC and regional reliability standards. Employees in this role restore and/or direct restoration to the Company’s transmission/substation system, evaluate and process transmission and substation equipment clearance requests consistent with system reliability.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Dispatches resources to meet required transmission system operating reliability parameters
• Forecasts near-term system loading conditions
• Monitors and interprets alarms with a thorough knowledge and understanding of transmission control processes and power system interrelationships in order to take appropriate action
• Writes switching orders and all clearance related paperwork
• Ensures the proper and safe release of clearances before placing equipment back in service
• Assesses both real time power flow and next day operations forecasts to identify and mitigate potential system issues
• Supervises and directs all daily operational activities of the Control Room
• Fulfills the requirements and coordination activities of the regional Reliability Coordinator
• Trains other Transmission System Operators to meet the requirements of NERC / Region / Company system operations
• Complies with all NERC and regional reliability standards associated with the Transmission Operator position
• Coordinates generation and transmission outage scheduling with other utilities/entities
• Attends required training classes including NERC approved courses to earn continuing education hours (CEH) to maintain NERC certification
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Associate's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:5+ years
• Bachelor's - Business Administration
• Bachelor's - Engineering
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs