NextEra Energy Manager Structure/Origination in Juno Beach, Florida
Date: Jul 14, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 54127
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Develop, coordinate, and facilitate the execution of complex structured power, natural gas or oil transactions, with an emphasis on new products, customers and/or regions.
• Work closely with front-line origination staff and potential customers to understand customer needs and develop transactions/product structures to meet those needs;
• Develop presentation materials highlighting transaction benefits and present alternative transaction/product structures to customers;
• Coordinate, review and assist in drafting transaction documents that accurately reflect deal structures and negotiate documents with customer;
• Structure transaction economic and valuation models; manage and provide direction to analysts on how to build models to price and analyze structured transactions and review them for completeness and accuracy;
• Develop risk mitigation solutions and ensure risks are appropriately reflected in pricing;
• Coordinate with Trading, Analytics, Legal, Credit, Accounting and Risk Management groups to ensure transactions are analyzed correctly and approved on a timely basis;
• Prepare presentations to support management approval of proposed transactions and obtain transaction approvals on a timely basis.
• The successful candidate can look forward to a role of increasing responsibility, and progression within the Origination group.
At least three years of transaction development experience preferably in the energy industry. Project management skills and experience with wholesale power, natural gas or oil markets a strong plus.
Bachelor's in Finance, Engineering, Economics or a similar field. MBA or graduate degree in Business, Economics or a technical field preferred.
This position negotiates and executes complex structured power and/or Oil and Gas transactions, with a particular emphasis on new products, customers and/or regions. Employees in this role work closely with front-line originators and potential customers to understand their needs and develop product structures to meet them. Individuals are responsible for developing the deal structure, working with the different desks to develop pricing. Employees oversee, guide, and negotiate the contract to be signed between NextEra and the counterparty and are also responsible for selling the deal internally, navigating a rigorous vetting process, to gain approval. This position finally executes the structured transaction by gaining input from several different departments such as Pricing, Legal, Credit, Accounting, Risk Management, and Trading Groups.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Communicates directly with potential customers and front-line originators to gain an understanding of customer needs in order to propose solutions, and/or negotiate deal structures and documents that meet those needs
Analyzes and develops different structures for the customer including risk mitigation solutions to ensure risks are appropriately managed and quantified
Oversees, guides, and negotiates the contract and related documents that will be signed between the Company and the counterparty
Prepares presentations and other internal communications for senior leadership to guide and support the internal vetting process
Coordinates with internal departments involved in the transaction such as Pricing, Legal, Credit, Accounting, Risk Management, and Trading Groups
Presents deal to senior leadership, seeking approval of the proposed deal structure
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Experience: 7+ years
Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Energy Trading
Organization: NextEra Energy Marketing, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs