NextEra Energy Manager Strategic Initiatives - Corporate Development in Juno Beach, Florida
Manager Strategic Initiatives - Corporate Development
Date:Oct 19, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 44553
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The role involves leading high-priority corporate projects, focused on improving performance across a broad variety of business units, from renewable energy (wind, solar, and battery), to gas & nuclear technology, to corporate support functions. The strategic projects group is designed as an internal consulting function which partners with senior executives to understand key business challenges and opportunities, conduct detailed analysis, and formulate strategic solutions. Project timelines typically run 2 - 6 months.
The core duties of this role involves:
- Quickly understand business unit operating models and issues
- Supervise 2 to 3-person project teams
- Develop hypothesis and solutions grounded in solid data analysis
- Work collaboratively with business leaders and operators to guide and influence outcomes
- Prepare and communicate recommendations to NextEra executives
Desired candidates must have an undergraduate or graduate degree in business related field, managerial experience within management consulting firms, and a track record in driving successful projects.
The most valuable skills for success in this role will be: * Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with deeply thought out solutions * Strong financial analysis and executive presentation skills * Expertise in MS Excel and PPT * Proven leader that builds trust and takes responsibilities for project outcomes * High level of comfort with fast-paced and constantly evolving environments Job Overview
This job will use business management consulting skills to work with internal clients through all stages of strategy-based transformation engagements. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides thought leadership and execution support on client assignments to craft strategy • Conducts both client and market development to grow the business • Consults with clients to identify, clarify, and solve problems critical to clients' strategy and operating success • Develops conclusions and recommendations, writes reports, assists in client presentations and provides implementation assistance as required • Constructs the analytical framework and work steps for each assignment, and leads the problem solving process associated • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:8+ years • Supervisor/Management Experience:2+ years
• Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Business Development Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs