NextEra Energy Manager, Fuels Origination/Structured Transactions in Juno Beach, Florida
Manager, Fuels Origination/Structured Transactions
Date:Sep 4, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 45977
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Develop, coordinate, and facilitate the execution of complex structured natural gas and oil transactions, with an emphasis on new products, customers and/or regions.
- Work closely with front-line origination staff and potential customers to understand customer needs and develop transactions/product structures to meet those needs;
- Develop presentation materials highlighting transaction benefits and present alternative transaction/product structures to customers;
- Coordinate, review and assist in drafting transaction documents that accurately reflect deal structures and negotiate documents with customer;
- Structure transaction economic and valuation models; manage and provide direction to analysts on how to build models to price and analyze structured transactions and review them for completeness and accuracy;
- Develop risk mitigation solutions and ensure risks are appropriately reflected in pricing;
- Coordinate with Trading, Analytics, Legal, Credit, Accounting and Risk Management groups to ensure transactions are analyzed and documented correctly and approved on a timely basis;
- Prepare presentations to support management approval of proposed transactions and obtain transaction approvals on a timely basis. The successful candidate can look forward to a role of increasing responsibility, and progression within the Gas and Fuels Origination group.
At least 5 years of transaction development and project management skills experience with at least three of those years in the energy industry preferred, particularly natural gas or oil markets.
Bachelor's in Finance, Engineering, Economics or a similar field. MBA or graduate degree in Business, Economics or a technical field preferred. Job Overview
This position negotiates and executes complex structured power and/or Oil and Gas transactions, with a particular emphasis on new products, customers and/or regions. Employees in this role work closely with front-line originators and potential customers to understand their needs and develop product structures to meet them. Individuals are responsible for developing the deal structure, working with the different desks to develop pricing. Employees oversee, guide, and negotiate the contract to be signed between NextEra and the counterparty and are also responsible for selling the deal internally, navigating a rigorous vetting process, to gain approval. This position finally executes the structured transaction by gaining input from several different departments such as Pricing, Legal, Credit, Accounting, Risk Management, and Trading Groups. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicates directly with potential customers and front-line originators to gain an understanding of customer needs in order to propose solutions, and/or negotiate deal structures and documents that meet those needs
- Analyzes and develops different structures for the customer including risk mitigation solutions to ensure risks are appropriately managed and quantified
- Oversees, guides, and negotiates the contract and related documents that will be signed between the Company and the counterparty
- Prepares presentations and other internal communications for senior leadership to guide and support the internal vetting process
- Coordinates with internal departments involved in the transaction such as Pricing, Legal, Credit, Accounting, Risk Management, and Trading Groups
- Presents deal to senior leadership, seeking approval of the proposed deal structure
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
- Master’s Degree
- Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Energy Trading Organization: NextEra Energy Marketing, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs