NextEra Energy IT Programmer Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
IT Programmer Analyst
Date: Sep 25, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 55433
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
• IVR application development and implementation project required
• Experience working with Nuance NAS & NTS Tool
• Understands and collaborates in an Agile environment
• Knowledge on and IVR Tuning/Grammar fixes
• Main responsibilities and experiences with:
Application development and support using Cisco CVP/Voice VXML/ASR and TTS
IVR development, support experience using Voice XML
• IVR development, support experience using Voice XML
Good hands-on experience in Java, JSP applications, routing, and city - integration and implementation.
Core java + REST/SOAP automation and development. The resources will be expected to work on enhancements/projects/automation/defect fixes
Java VXML IVR development skills with Voice XML, Java, Spring MVC, J2EE
Java VXML IVR development skills with Voice XML, Java, Spring MVC, J2EE ,SOAP, RESTAPI’s
Experience with Nuance Speech Recognition grammar development• Experience with Nuance Vocalizers
• Experience with Nuance Dialog Modules
• Communication with development, support and business units throughout the life cycle of the project.
• Weblogic Experience Minimum Qualifications:
- IVR application development VoiceXML, and JSP
• Candidate is expected to perform Java/J2EE technology-specific application design, development, and implementation of the same.
• The candidate is expected to create/update GRXML grammar files in their IVR application development and support
• Candidate is expected to coordinate with IT support groups for infrastructure
• QA support and production roll out. Preferred Qualifications:
Experience Portal 7.1
Orchestration Designer 7
Natural Language application development
• MuleSoft integration
This position assesses, designs, develops, integrates and troubleshoots technology to support business processes. Employees provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within specific or multiple disciplines. This position is accountable for ensuring the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems, as well as ensuring that excellent technical support services are provided.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains, integrates, customizes, and enhances existing or new systems
• Applies appropriate Agile or development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools, and technology
• Automates the handoff of code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
• Participates in the change management and service ticket management processes including receiving, resolution monitoring, and ensuring customer satisfaction
• Leads projects when needed and builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Designs, develops, and tests experimental application work to test new ideas with bounded cost and time frames
• Ensures that applications processes are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, security, compliance, environmental, and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation
• Acts as liaison with regulatory agencies, vendors, and contractors on matters relating to computer systems as required
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 3+ years
• Bachelor's - Information Systems
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs