NextEra Energy Ignite Leadership Rotational Assignment - Finance Track in Juno Beach, Florida
Ignite Leadership Rotational Assignment - Finance Track
Date:Aug 28, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 27656
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description A talented and diversified Finance Center of Excellence (FCOE) provides great value to the organization and its stakeholders. Due to the continual growth of our energy generation business, NextEra Energy is recruiting finance and accounting professionals at the beginning of their careers with the aim of developing them into our future leaders.
This two-year leadership development rotational program will expose the Rotation Associate to the critical finance & accounting functions in both the corporate operations of electricity-generating facilities and the most exciting facets of the growing renewable energy industry. Successful candidates will interact with experts in various disciplines while learning finance & accounting best practices in areas such as:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Property Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Revenue Accounting
- Supply Chain
- Internal Audit
- Renewable Energy Asset Onboarding (wind and solar assets)
- Tax Accounting & Forecasting
After two years and four rotations, graduates of the Ignite Leadership Program will be well-positioned for a successful career in NextEra Energy’s Finance Center of Excellence (FCOE) supporting business units such as Renewable Energy Development (Wind, Solar, Battery), Business Management, Engineering & Construction, Power Generation, Power Marketing, Power Delivery, Customer Service and others.
Under the supervision of a trained management team, the candidate will:
- Learn and understand the business (key operational drivers and finance/accounting issues for assigned functional area and the related market forces)
- Understand the finance/accounting impact of business transactions; ensure compliance with current GAAP requirements
- Demonstrate a strong drive to succeed and take ownership of assigned tasks
- Meet all assigned deadlines related to the finance, accounting, forecasting and reporting processes
- Build strong working relationships across the organization to ensure the proper accounting, consolidation and reporting of assigned functional areas
- Support internal and external reporting functions (e.g., 10-K, 10-Q, management reporting, etc.)
- Comply with all Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) processes within assigned functional area
- Execute special projects (e.g., software implementations, Six Sigma projects, and implementation of new accounting standards)
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
- Leadership aptitude – desire and initiative to ultimately progress into a team leadership role
- Team player – collaborative orientation; focused on team success over personal gain
- Driven – self-motivated; committed to excellence and personal growth
- Problem solver – ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Professional skills – excellent communication skills and a bias for action
- Innovation mindset – interest in learning new things and applying knowledge to create innovative solutions
- Process & project management – strong planning and organizational skills
- Integrity – compliance with all legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies
The successful candidate will further develop the following competencies:
- Technical skills – researching, interpreting and applying finance/accounting rules and policies
- Analytical skills – identifying anomalies and explaining core variance drivers
- Communication and presentation skills
- Financial reporting – preparing financial statements and drafting footnotes
- Internal controls – understanding and complying with the internal controls environment
- Leadership – ability to utilize leadership skills in a collaborative team environment
Take charge of your career – come learn and grow with the renewable energy industry leader!
Job Overview This position is a job rotation into a particular business unit or department for a specified period of time. Employees in this job perform the specific duties of another position to increase business knowledge, develop new skills and gain a broader understanding of the business.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in all assigned activities for the purpose of learning about the specific function(s)
- Gains understanding of business unit interactions, both internally and externally
- Makes impactful contributions that benefit both the business and the participant
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
Experience: 0+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Rotational Position Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Systems, Energy