NextEra Energy Enterprise Architect in Juno Beach, Florida
Date: Dec 2, 2023
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 75737
is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
The enterprise architect proactively and holistically helps and guides the enterprise leaders, product managers, product owners and distributed product delivery teams through transformation and optimization initiatives, supporting the formulation of business strategy, outcomes and capabilities.
The Enterprise Architect will demonstrate competencies across five key dimensions.
• Supports Formulation of Strategy and Guides Execution - Works with Business and Leadership Stakeholders to Develop Strategy
• Builds and Maintains Relationships - Builds the EA Value Proposition and Structures Business Engagement
• Orchestrates the Delivery of Business Outcomes - Develops the Business Architecture
• Facilitates Innovation - Collects, Analyzes, Reviews and Refines Innovations, Trends, Disruptions, Opportunities or Ideas
• Plans and Manages the IT Portfolio - Supports Portfolio Modernization and Develops Roadmaps
Highly Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Proven experience (10+ years) working as an Enterprise Architect or in a similar role, designing and implementing enterprise architecture plans for large-scale organizations.
• Develop and maintain the enterprise architecture vision, strategy, and roadmap that align with business objectives and support the organization's growth.
• Define and enforce architecture standards, principles, guidelines, and best practices to ensure consistency, scalability, and flexibility across all IT systems and applications.
• Effective leadership skills with exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
• Strong consulting skills such as targeted communications, engagement management, stakeholder management and business development.
• Trusted and respected as a thought leader who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders.
• Comfortable, experienced and accomplished at working with business executives, and able to push back in a professional and diplomatic way.
• Deep knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks, methodologies, and best practices
• Deep understanding of data modeling concepts, data integration patterns, data storage technologies (e.g., data lakes, data warehouses), and data processing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark).
• Strong background in big data technologies, including distributed computing, NoSQL databases, and large-scale data processing frameworks (e.g., Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark).
• Expertise in data governance, data security, data privacy, and data quality management principles.
• Proficiency in data visualization tools, ETL/ELT processes, and data migration strategies for complex data projects.
• Knowledge of cloud-based data platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), big data analytics tools, and machine learning concepts.
• Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data challenges and design innovative and scalable solutions.
• Proficiency in enterprise architecture tools, modeling languages, and documentation standards.
• Coach and mentor other architects, product owners/managers and business stakeholders to instill architectural thinking
This position develops and maintains high-level designs for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership, strategic decision-making, and guidance within technical disciplines, responding to disruptive technologies and solving unique and complex problems. Individuals facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions. Leaders in this job serve as top-level experts and visionaries in the development of roadmaps, strategy, and design for assigned technology areas.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Works with business partners to analyze strategy and trends to define the requirements, principles, and models that guide technology decisions
Communicates and enforces technology standards with business partners
Understands industry trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies
Drives digital innovation and develops roadmaps through new technologies and approaches to fulfill strategic business plans
Defines high-level migration plans to address gaps in current state
Coaches, mentors, and leads technical subject matters experts to enable and drive consistency across technology architectures
Designs and owns governance, assurance, and standards activities for enterprise technology architecture compliance
Oversees and facilitates the evaluation, risk assessment, selection, and design of hardware and software technology and product standards
Delivers technology architecture artifacts, possibly including reference architectures or concepts of operation
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
High School Grad / GED
Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 6+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs