NextEra Energy Director Structure Origination in Juno Beach, Florida
Director Structure Origination
Date:Jan 16, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 45531
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description This position negotiates and executes complex structured transactions primarily related to renewable fuels, with a particular emphasis on new products, customers and/or regions. Employees in this role work closely with front-line originators and potential customers to understand their needs and develop product structures to meet them. Individuals are responsible for developing the deal structure, working with the different desks to develop pricing. Employees oversee, guide, and negotiate the contract to be signed between NextEra and the counterparty and are also responsible for selling the deal internally, navigating a rigorous vetting process, to gain approval. This position finally executes the structured transaction by gaining input from several different departments such as Pricing, Legal, Credit, Accounting, Risk Management, PGD and Trading Groups.
- Communicates directly with potential customers and front-line originators to gain an understanding of customer needs in order to propose solutions, and/or negotiate deal structures and documents that meet those needs
- Analyzes and develops different structures for the customer including risk mitigation solutions to ensure risks are appropriately managed and quantified
- Oversees, guides, and negotiates the contract and related documents that will be signed between the Company and the counterparty
- Prepares presentations and other internal communications for senior leadership to guide and support the internal vetting process
- Coordinates with internal departments involved in the transaction such as Pricing, Legal, Credit, Accounting, Risk Management, PGD and Trading Groups
- Presents deal to senior leadership, seeking approval of the proposed deal structure
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned Job Overview
This position identifies and closes structured power and/or fuel purchase and sales. Employees in this role maintain an understanding of (1) the power/energy markets in the assigned region, (2) the relevant regulations for regional wholesale energy generation and transmission, (3) state of business within the market and (4) power and/or fuel related supply/demand fundamentals. This position utilizes market knowledge and available data to identify trends and any gaps in readily available hedging products that could lead to opportunities with target entities. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies high value contacts at potential business targets
- Develops strong relationship with target contacts via frequent in person interactions which will require significant travel
- Works to understand needs of the potential business targets and develops power purchase/sale proposals to meet those needs
- Closes transactions with target customers
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 9+ years
- Bachelor’s – Business Administration
- Master’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Energy Trading Organization: NextEra Energy Marketing, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs