NextEra Energy Digital Program Manager II (Project Bound) in Juno Beach, Florida
Digital Program Manager II (Project Bound)
Date:Feb 7, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46916
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This key project-bound position is responsible for managing and delivering large scale digital projects on FPL’s customer-facing digital experience roadmap. As part of our Digital User Experience Team, you will impact our strategy by creating a seamless user experience across various platforms including web and mobile. You will deliver innovative solutions that streamline and reinvent our user experience. With this team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment with passionate leadership and the ability to make a huge impact enterprise-wide. You will be responsible for driving all phases of medium to large projects/programs to successful completion. The position will provide day-to-day leadership, management and coordination of all activities pertaining to project direction, planning, assignments, problem resolution and collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure project goals are met.
Duties include project management for digital self-service transactions and content, partnering with internal and external design teams on the user interface design, usability research, testing and personalization and performing detailed analytics. You will be expected to work both autonomously, with limited supervision, and collaboratively with other team members, demonstrating a commitment toward shared goals and a willingness to take initiative. In addition, you will be expected to collaborate with the IT and outside professionals responsible for developing and maintaining transactional digital initiatives, along with product marketers to deliver exceptional content experiences.
Digital Project Management Role:
- A thorough understanding of transactional user centered design thinking for self-service applications and content pages utilizing a mobile first approach
- Utilize strong project management skills to provide support in developing and executing plans and initiatives to support (develop and execute against project plans) business objectives, including transactional web tools, UI best practices, navigation and architecture best practices.
- Understand company needs and to help develop solutions through the use of digital optimization and personalization tools and analytic tools such as Adobe or Google.
- Demonstrate discipline and organization in executing projects, while building and maintaining great relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors.
- Communicate objectives effectively, both orally and in writing, and provide metrics to track performance and progress.
- Strong writing, verbal and overall communication skills, plus a comfort level in presenting to team members, senior managers clients and vendors.
- Interact with cross-functional disciplines, work collaboratively with team members and manage IT and web design vendors.
- Experience managing projects using Agile development methodology.
- Proven leadership experience and effectively manage difficult situations.
- Dedication to customer service and the flexibility to meet the demands of assigned projects; enthusiasm and passion for getting the job done.
- Ability to multitask and maintain higher performance under extreme pressure in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Agile Product Owner certification, UX certification or Adobe product certification a plus.
**This is a 24 month project bound position
Employees in this job plan, monitor and manage internal projects from initiation through completion. This role provides direction on projects to the department or project team members. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, coordinates and completes several medium or small project(s) within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Secures required resources and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Identifies issues and challenges, measures and validates results, and implements solutions
- Provides information to internal and external clients on various issues
- Creates and communicates presentation materials for report out and updates with various levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Conducts external research and stays abreast of new developments or innovative advancements pertaining to the project
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 2+ years
- Master's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Projectbound FT Job Category: Project Management Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs