NextEra Energy Cybersecurity Analyst- Incident Response in Juno Beach, Florida
Cybersecurity Analyst- Incident Response
Date:Jan 9, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position resides in the Advanced Cyber Defense Center (ACC) Cybersecurity Incident Response Team, a functional group under the Cybersecurity group within the Information Technology team at NextEra Energy. The Cybersecurity group is responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company information, systems and networks.
Your role is to assist the current Cybersecurity Incident Response Team members by following processes designed to defend NextEra Energy against Cyber Threat actors. As a Cybersecurity Incident Response Team analyst, you will be responsible for the protection of information system assets, including the prevention of intentional or inadvertent access, modification, disclosure, or destruction of confidential information. You will also be required to participate in incident management and system investigation efforts within proper protocols and legalities while working with cutting-edge innovative cyber security related technologies. In addition, you will recommend process and technology related solutions to help protect the company from cyber security vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
Candidates applying for this position must demonstrate proficiency in the following:
Highly Desired Skills
- Ability to work second shifts (5PM – 1AM) and on weekends (8AM – 5PM or 5PM – 1AM)
- Entry Level to Intermediate understanding of core cyber security concepts
Ability to discover and follow up on security events, perform analysis, determine root cause and produce reports
Entry Level to Intermediate understanding of computer networking technologies and architectures
- Strong database activity monitoring and response technology knowledge
- Excellent customer-focus and ability to meet/exceed customer expectations
Highly effective at communicating with various levels of the organization (e.g., technical and non-technical verbal & written communication abilities)
Ability to take technical concepts and explain them in widely understandable terms
- Ability to operate under pressure and multi-task, must demonstrate strong bias for action, follow-through and personal leadership
- Familiarity and experience with the following technologies; Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), Host-based antivirus, Full Packet Capture tools, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IPS), Security Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR) tools, User and Entity Behavioral Analytics tools, Database security tools including query languages such as SQL
Python development experience
Critical thinking in cyber security risk analysis or similar relevant area of focus
Cyber security incident response experience
Forensic analysis experience either at the host, network, or both
CISSP, CEH, CHFI, SANS GIAC certifications a plus
Must be willing to travel 10% of the time, work extended hours when needed, and participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation
Must be able to qualify for and hold NRC clearance for Unescorted Plant Access and NERC CIP access
Position is based out of our Juno Beach office or in Miami in Florida
This job performs ongoing cybersecurity risk reviews for new and existing technologies and services and supports ongoing and new cybersecurity projects. Individuals develop requirements for and implement technical security projects and tools, as well as define the company’s cybersecurity policies and control framework. This position collaborates with the company’s IT department and business units to identify the need for, select, and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements. Employees in this role build processes and standards to ensure security requirements continue to be met. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers, operates and monitors NextEra Energy (NEE) information security sensors, logging, alerting and other detection mechanisms to identify and respond to threats
- Develops a subject matter expertise for one or multiple assigned cybersecurity technology stacks (e.g., identity and access management, network intrusion detection and prevention, host based security tools)
- Collaborates with security architecture to identify, evaluate and recommend new security technologies for suitability within NEE’s environment and security posture
- Communicates ongoing cybersecurity activities, priorities and risk measurements or mitigations at multiple organizational levels
- Provides guidance for security activities and requirements in the system development life cycle (SDLC) and application development efforts. Participates in organizational projects, as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 3+ years
- Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA) certification
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs