NextEra Energy Communication Specialist in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Jan 6, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 29831
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
Smile: you've found us!
Florida Power & Light Company has an opportunity for a strong communicator who is passionate about sharing our company’s terrific story with stakeholders through creative, compelling and innovative communications.
As part of the corporate communication team, this communication specialist will be responsible for developing and assisting with corporate messaging and content on a variety of topics, including corporate social responsibility and sustainability initiatives. This teammate will also be responsible for deploying content across several communication channels, including print, electronic and web. In addition, this teammate will develop communication strategies and materials, such as presentations, speeches, talking points and other materials to enhance corporate reputation to media, shareholders, customers, employees, opinion leaders and other key stakeholders. This teammate also will compile a daily report of company news clips.
This teammate will be responsible for making contributions to the strategic communication support of the company and its businesses. This teammate will be expected to work with initiative and independence in anticipating client needs and developing and implementing strategic communication solutions that advance corporate reputation and business objectives.
- Three or more years of relevant experience or equivalent required, preferably related to corporate communication and/or the energy and utility industry
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (journalism, communication, English, marketing, liberal arts, public relations, advertising, business, finance, political science, etc.) required
- Excellent writing, verbal, editing, presentation and overall communication skills
- Expected to demonstrate communication expertise through writing and editing tests, including strong knowledge of AP style
- Expertise in the development and disciplined execution of strategic communication plans and using research and audience insight to develop key messages
- Ability to understand and translate complex and technical information into messaging for various audiences
- Strong project management and execution
- Understanding of digital media and how to incorporate these tools into corporate communication programs, with professional experience with Watson Automation Campaign, Adobe CQ and Adobe Creative Cloud applications preferred
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of internal clients and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for their business
- Talent for creative thinking and problem solving
- Ability to multitask and maintain high performance under extreme pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a apart of it!
Job Overview This job is responsible for assisting with projects from the earliest stages of concept and development through to successful, on-time completion as measured by achievement of metrics. Employees in this role provide support in developing and executing communication plans and initiatives to support business objectives. Individuals in this position are expected to understand client needs and help to develop communication solutions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Assists with communication planning • Develops key messages using research and analytics to drive planning and messaging • Follows established processes, demonstrating discipline and organization in executing assignments and plans • Builds and maintains great relationships with clients and co-workers • Tracks performance and progress using quantifiable metrics • Communicates frequently with cross-functional groups • Works at both business unit and corporate levels • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Effective Written Communications • Effective Verbal Communications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's - Sciences • Bachelor's - Arts • Experience:3+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Marketing/Communications Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-SC1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Sustainability, Energy