NextEra Energy BW BPC IT Solutions Architect in Juno Beach, Florida
BW BPC IT Solutions Architect
Date:Jun 1, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23352
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Overall Preferences:
- Strong SAP/BW background with a good knowledge of SAP BPC relational to Financial forecasting
- Deep SAP BPC BADI/ABAP experience
- Embedded BPC background and good understanding on how to migrate from ABAP and BADIs
- Started in BW and learned BPC technical aspects
- Multiple implementations of BPC desired
- Performance tuning experience in both a classic and embedded environment
- 5 – 7 years’ implementation experience as an IT solutions architect with hands-on technical experience
- 5 – 7 years working and operational experience in FP&A and or CFO organizations
- Technical skills and experience include configuring, modelling, scripting and developing in SAP Business Planning & Consolidations (BPC), SAP Business Warehouse, BPC/BW on HANA, HANA stored procedures, Business Objects (BOBJ), SAP ECC Finance & Controlling (ECC FI/CO), S4HANA
- Candidate needs to have demonstrated creative solutioning, drive to innovate and automate
- Used to agile, fast paced, dynamic project environments
Technical / SAP Skills & Experience:
SAP Business Planning & Consolidations (version 10.1)
- BPC classic and BPC embedded functionality. Includes EPM templates and data manager packages
Model definition and creation, BPC security, script writing, script logic, Fox code and BPC user exits, stored procedures Business Warehouse (version 7.4 and 7.5)
BW security, Advanced DSO (planning enabled DSO), process chains, HANA Studio, HANA backend, creation of transports, HANA studio composite providers, HANA native stored procedures, SQL coding, relationship modeling Business Objects (BI 4.2):EPM add-ons, BOBJ analysis for Excel, Webi, Lumira/Design Studio
BW IP, BW BPS, UI Planner:Familiar with these technologies and applications.
Job Overview This position anticipates internal and external business challenges or regulatory issues and recommends process, product or service improvements. Employees in this role solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business. The successful candidate is recognized as an expert within the organization and operates with no supervision in a complex environment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Conducts research on emerging trends and technologies supporting application and infrastructure development efforts
- Recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 8+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami