NextEra Energy Associate Tax Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Associate Tax Analyst
Date:Oct 14, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We are seeking an Associate Tax Analyst to become a member of our Tax Planning team in Juno Beach, Florida. Our in-house tax department is a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting U.S. federal and state income tax audits, coordinating with subject matter experts (SMEs) to research and contemporaneously document material income tax positions, and indirect tax planning.
- Assist with U.S. federal and state income tax audits
- Review, analyze, and respond to IRS and state tax agencies Information Document Requests
- Partner with personnel from all areas of the company to collect and analyze information necessary for tax audit defense
- Coordinate with SMEs and conduct research on a broad range of federal and state tax matters
- Assist with property and sales tax planning projects
- Provide indirect tax support calculating revenue requirements, net present value, fair market value, customer bill impact, etc.
- Analyze applicability of various sales and property tax regimes to specific projects
This job is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of tax records and the preparation of all or specifically assigned tax returns, corporate income tax returns, separate company corporate income tax and partnership tax returns and related reports.
This job is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of tax records and the preparation of all or specifically assigned tax returns, corporate income tax returns, separate company corporate income tax and partnership tax returns and related reports. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists in conducting financial and economic analyses and developing and preparing the organization’s financial plans and budgets • Supports in the administration of federal and/or state income tax audits • Assists in researching inquiries from government agencies regarding filings, compliance, and other claims • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:0+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs