NextEra Energy Accounting Team Leader - Nuclear, General Plant & Intangibles in Juno Beach, Florida
Accounting Team Leader - Nuclear, General Plant & Intangibles
Date: Feb 8, 2024
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 77470
is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
FCOE Corporate Accounting is looking for an Accounting Supervisor to join their team. In this role you will be responsible for working with the Property Accounting Manager supporting Nuclear, General Plant and Intangibles and providing guidance & oversight to accountants related to the same accounting activities. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and leadership skills, will be able to add value through critical thinking & inter-personal skills and be able to research regulatory guidance.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Support quarterly and annual FERC Filings
• Supporting Nuclear, General Plant and IT Business Management in accounting related matters
• Directs, mentors and coaches a team of staff accountants
• Work with internal and external auditors
• Review and approve Work Orders in PowerPlan
• Identify opportunities to improve processes and drive workforce productivity
• Review and approve the calculation and recording of monthly journal entries and related supporting schedules
• Review timely and accurate management reports and support external reporting requirements (e.g., 10K, 10Q, etc.) as required
• Researching FERC guidance related to Nuclear, General Plant and Intangibles
• Prompt and accurate customer support (internal/external)
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
• Driven – committed to career development through personal improvement
• Problem solver - proactive thinker with practical solutions, very analytical, and orientation to be tightly linked to business strategies and financial priorities
• Professional skills – strong interpersonal skills, builds and nurtures cross functional teams and relationships, respects others, is tactfully assertive, has a bias for action, and follows through to completion
• Technical skills – experience researching, interpreting and applying accounting rules and policies
• Process & project management – strong planning and organizational skills
• Integrity – strong ethic to comply with legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies
This job provides technical and administrative supervision to specific accounting areas, such as general, corporate, energy marketing, payables, and receivables.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Oversees the preparation of financial reports and maintains the integrity of financial systems
Develops, analyzes, and interprets accounting information and results
Provides analytical support of financial statements and general ledger
Prepares financial statements and related disclosures
Manages cash management process
Ensures SEC reporting and SOX compliance and system of internal and accounting controls
Consolidates multiple company financial statements
Maintains system of accounts, books and records on transactions and assets
Coordinates annual audit with independent auditors
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Experience: 6+ years
- Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs