Liberty Utilities Manager, Facilities & Security in Joplin, Missouri
Manager, Facilities & Security
Joplin, MO, US, 64801
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
The Manager of Liberty-Empire facilities collaborates with internal stakeholders to plan, develop, and implement an overall strategy for operational management and facility development, continuously striving to ensure the smooth operation of the buildings within the Liberty-Empire footprint while assisting other building stakeholders throughout the Central region. The manager will support Regional Supply Chain Management as directed. The manager will ensure the proper coordination of building space allocation, layouts, completion of work, preventive maintenance, installation and periodic inspections of buildings and systems with established standards and in compliance with all applicable safety regulations and building codes.
• Drive strategy and direction for site operations consistent with corporate guidelines and vision; think globally, execute locally
• Support the creation and delivery of operational objectives, facilities services, and contracts in the portfolio, providing oversight to project activities (Project Management).
• Manage the efficient operation of forms design, printing, office equipment, and company mail operations.
• Manage Building Services O & M and construction budgets that meet Company goals. Monitor monthly results to budget.
• Manage construction and renovation projects relating to facilities as needed.
• When applicable, assures capital projects, operations projects and reconfigurations are handled by facilities teams or contractors with outstanding customer service
• Manage/oversee the EHS responsibilities and ensure the company is and remains in compliance with safety standards, policies, guidelines
• Drive and support special projects and strategic initiatives for the portfolio
• Conducts regular, formal site condition inspections and develops solutions for systemic needs
• Instills regional collaboration to ensure consistency, lessons learned, and standard methodologies
• Partner with procurement on opportunities to RFP and/or negotiate service contracts
• Responsible for managing the security identification and badge system for employees and visitors throughout all facilities.
• Working knowledge of Physical Access Control Systems
• Working knowledge of Closed-Circuit Television Systems (CCTV). Acts as a liaison to Law Enforcement and Emergency Services Personnel where required.
• Working knowledge of physical security policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Management, Administration or Facilities Management desired
• Combination of relevant education and experience in the fields of multiple facility management, security, building maintenance, construction and personnel.
• 5-10 years of experience preferred
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our “Think Global, Act Local” business model.
What we offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.