Dominion Energy Nuclear Technical Security Coordinator in Jenkinsville, South Carolina
Nuclear Technical Security Coordinator
Date: May 17, 2023
Location: Jenkinsville, SC, US, 29065
Company: Dominion Energy
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
To learn more about Dominion Energy’s workplace culture, sustainability efforts, and commitment to DE&I, please see ourand .
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
- Military service members and veterans with ranks from E5-E9, W1-CW5, or O3-O6 plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined (above / below).
• Support Nuclear Security by maintaining security procedures, programs, and equipment handling electronic access control systems, perimeter detection systems, and related components.
• Review and interpret new regulations/guidelines and incorporate applicable requirements into applicable programs/procedures.
• Maintain NRC required security plans and assist in development of procedures for implementation of security program.
• Coordinate the installation and maintenance of security equipment and systems.
• Coordinate/provide scheduled testing, evaluation, restoration, and preventative maintenance of security equipment.
• May provide training for system operators.
• Assist management in assessing scope and type of security alarm and access control system needs, design electronic equipment system to meet requirements.
• Develop and maintain computer programs, applications, and database to track and trend information.
• Maintain confidential records, regulatory reports, and related security information.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The knowledge, skills, abilities and experience required for entry into this job include the following:
• Associates degree plus 7 years of Nuclear Security or related technical experience or High School diploma plus 9 years of Nuclear Security or related technical experience
• Detailed knowledge of security concepts and operations
• Job specific knowledge of regulatory requirements and station procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks
• Basic knowledge of the Security Access Control System
• Excellent project management skills
• Basic plant systems knowledge
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and follow through
• Experienced in the Engineering Design Change process
• Knowledge of PAMS system to create condition reports and approve maintenance work orders
• Experienced in cyber security assessment process and procedures
• Skilled at programming and trouble shooting Security computers
Preferred: Experience with the T-Meeting Process
Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education:
Preferred Discipline(s): Criminal Justice, Electronics
Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above.
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Cold Up to 25%
Loud Noise Up to 25%
Operating Machinery Up to 25%
Outdoors Up to 25%
Radiation Up to 25%
Travel Up to 25%
Office Work Environment 51-75%
Other Working Conditions
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Nearest Major Market: Columbia
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Job Segment: Sustainability, Nuclear Engineering, Nuclear, CSR, Project Manager, Energy, Engineering, Management, Technology
- Dominion Energy Jobs