JEA Talent Acquisition Specialist in Jacksonville, Florida
The Talent Acquisition Specialist leads all sourcing and recruitment functions related to attracting and hiring all levels of jobs at JEA, to include entry level, skilled craft, highly technical, professional and all levels of management. The Specialist provides consultation, development, and implementation of talent acquisition strategies to achieve organizational staffing and workforce objectives.
- Provide consultation and guidance to hiring managers and business leaders on talent acquisition strategies, best practices, policies and processes to determine and facilitate the organizations human capital needs to ensure efficient and effective hiring.
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management.
- Conduct job analysis workshops with subject matter experts to identify the essential knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Develop and administer various types of assessment and selection tools and determines eligibility for applicants for examinations, appointments and placement.
- Serve as strategic internal consultant to customers through the design, development and implementation of effective talent acquisition strategies.
- Participate in special projects/talent acquisition initiatives including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging internal sources of talent and identification of top performers for senior-level openings.
- Manage the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, and closing involved in talent acquisition lifecycle.
- Identify and select online recruiting resources, social media, community events, job boards and other pro-active strategies as a means to market and brand JEAs positions..
- Stay abreast of applicable employment laws, rules, and trends governing Talent Acquisition.
- Evaluate departmental practices, make sound recommendations for improvement, develop, and implement appropriate procedures and controls.
- Provide on-the job-training to managers and hiring committee members regarding applicable employment laws, statutes, and interviewing and selection processes.
- Lead efforts on key projects to improve stakeholder satisfaction, reduce unit costs, reduce defects and improve performance of human resources services.
- Perform grievance and civil service hearing research, preparation and testimony.
- Perform other job-related work as assigned.
_Education:_Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Public or Business Administration or closely related discipline.
AND _Experience:_Five (5) years related work experience in Human Resources with a minimum of three (3) years in talent acquisition. Prior experience working with a Human Resources Management System, preferably Oracle.
Prior experience working with Taleo strongly preferred. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
OR An equivalent combination of related education, experience and training.
Job: *Human Resources
Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Requisition ID: 11638
Other Locations: US-FL-Jacksonville