JEA Operations Analyst Senior in Jacksonville, Florida
Under administrative direction, analyzes and/or leads others in analyzing operational policies, procedures, methods, directives, organizational structures and performance management systems. Recommends system, process and organizational structure improvements and assists in deploying new initiatives to support the alignment of systems and structures with the mission, strategies and culture of JEA. Job requires advanced knowledge of industrial engineering concepts, management research, and operations analysis principles, practices and methods sufficient to perform a broad range of diversified professional analysis functions. Guidelines are available but are not completely applicable to the work or have gaps in specificity requiring judgment and initiative in researching precedents and interpreting, analyzing and adapting existing methods and techniques; and developing new guidelines to apply to specific studies or projects. Resolves new and unusual problems and recommends responses to unique circumstances and situations. Completed work is evaluated periodically for effectiveness in meeting project requirements and achieving specified results. Regular contacts with individuals in leadership positions, both inside and outside the organization, to address significant operational issues requires the ability to influence and motivate individuals and groups.
- Plans, assigns, monitors, reviews and leads the work of others.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends management policies, practices and control systems for improving the effectiveness of operational systems and processes.
- Evaluates programs and operations of a process or sub-process in terms of specified goals and objectives.
- Researches and identifies trends, root cause, business decision impacts and similar analytical and data research.
- Uses process improvement methodologies and tools to achieve identified improvements.
- Develops reporting procedures.
- Performs and/or guides others in the interpretation and translation of statistical data and the development of graphic presentations of trends and projections, interpretative reports and recommendations.
- Provides or guides others in providing quality, internal management consulting services.
- Reviews and evaluates alternatives to cost and feasibility studies.
- Guides others in formulating automated systems requirements and developing Work Force Management and Reporting Systems using data modeling and simulation.
- Deploys and implements new operating systems and processes.
- Deploys and administers performance management systems.
- Performs other job-related work as assigned.
*The following are in addition to the general specification description for this classification:*
KIND OF WORK:With managerial support, leads improvement projects to rectify identified gaps in operational policies, procedures, methods, directives, organizational structures and performance management systems within the Customer Experience organization. Overarching responsibility is to improve the customer experience while increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the workforce, processes and systems.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Analyzes data from various customer experience applications (CRM, Billing, IVR, Performance Management, Quality, etc.) to identify improvement opportunities. Combines data from multiple applications as needed.
• Leads improvement teams made up of representatives from impacted stakeholder groups (operational departments, technology services, human resources, etc.)
• Designs and implements control tools (reports, dashboards, monitoring processes, etc.) to quantify and sustain improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of process improvement methodologies and tools to include Six Sigma and DMAIC
• Knowledge of customer service operations
• Ability to use business intelligence and data visualization applications to support data analysis and process improvement. Experience with Tableau is preferred.
Bachelors degree in Industrial Management, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field and five (5) years of experience in engineering, operations analysis, management analysis, project implementation, and/or program or operations research.
A combination of nine (9) years education, training, and experience.
SUPPLEMENTAL OPEN REQUIREMENTS (Customer Experience):
Two (2) years of experience working in a customer service environment is preferred.
A valid drivers license is required prior to employment and must be maintained during employment in this classification.
Job: *Operations Support Services
Title: Operations Analyst Senior
Requisition ID: 11803