JEA Manager Rates in Jacksonville, Florida
This position is responsible for ensuring revenue sufficiency; fair and equitable rate structures; and stable, consistent and predictable financial performance and rates assimilating Board of Directors, Senior Management, utility best practices and regulators directives, strategies and goals.
- Manages revenue sufficiency through fair and equitable rate structures and effectively communicated rate philosophy andstructureto customers and the Florida Public Service Commission ("FPSC").
- Researches, prepares, and implements all utility rate activities.
- Produces the Electric, Water and Sewer, and District Energy Rate Tariff documents.
- Manages relationships with external customers and stakeholders, including the FPSC, as they pertain to rates matters
- Manages the cost-of-service model for development of revenue requirements and rates, including associated cost allocations.
- Manages and assists in the development of innovative pricing and rate structures to meet customer use and develops retention andnew customer growth strategies.
- Prepares documents and presentations for the JEA Board, media inquiries and external stakeholders.
- Stays abreast of and complies with local, state, and federal legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Plans, organizes, trains, coaches, directs, and evaluates the performance of assigned staff, establishing performance requirementsandpersonal development targets aligned with the JEA Scorecard and Strategic Initiatives, monitoring performance, andproviding direction for performance improvement and development.
- Participates in the development of team goals and objectives; develops tactical plans to achieve success and manages the trackingof progress and execution.
- Provides leadership and example in meeting JEA's safety and wellness goals.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field. Advanced degree or professionalcertification preferred.
AND Experience: Eight (8) years to include pricing, financial modeling, analysis and forecasting, business planning, contracts andregulatory filings preferably in a municipal utility environment. Must have exceptional management, analytical, presentation andcommunication skills. OR
An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
License/Certifications/Registrations: A valid driver's license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment.
Job: *Finance / Accounting
Title: Manager Rates
Requisition ID: 12140