JEA Generation Working Lead (CT Combined Cycles) in Jacksonville, Florida
Under limited supervision, performs, schedules assigns and monitors the work of others in the continuous safe and efficient maintenance of a conventional steam turbine or combustion turbine generating electric power plant to provide economical and reliable electric service to JEA customers consistent with environmental regulations. As required, performs journey level work in either electrical, mechanical or instrument and control craft in support of daily operations and maintenance.
- Plans, assigns, schedules, monitors, reviews and leads the work of craft personnel (i.e., Mechanical Technicians, Electrical Technicians, and Instrument & Control Technicians) at JEA steam turbine or combustion turbine generating facilities.
- Provides direction and guidance to personnel engaged in the repair and operations activities at generating stations.
- Identifies and performs corrective and preventative maintenance or repair of plant equipment as required to include installation, troubleshooting, corrective maintenance, and preventative maintenance of mechanical, electrical, and/or instrument and control equipment at generating facilities.
- Recommends modifications to work processes to ensure compliance with JEA plans, policies and methods of operations and/or regulations.
- Resolves equipment operation problems and corrects process or work task deficiencies by making immediate equipment repairs or by identifying information (e.g., repair specifications, cost estimates) required to have work completed under contract.
- Identifies and orders materials required for job task completion.
- Determines material, labor cost, and work specifications required for job task completion.
- Reviews all incoming Plant Work Orders for accuracy and prioritization.
- Responds to plant emergencies and reschedules job assignments.
- Inspects condition of plant equipment, in order to determine maintenance and/or repair requirements.
- Ensures tools and equipment are accounted for and maintained in safe and working condition.
- Oversees and facilitates the safety program within the work unit to include safe work practices, safety education and training, safety protective equipment, accident prevention, and reporting.
- Provides on-the-job technical training.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other job-related work as assigned.
- SUPPLEMENTAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(FOR CT/COMBINED CYCLES)
• Knowledge of systems and equipment used for simple cycle and combined cycle combustion turbine power plants, steam turbine equipment, balance of plant equipment, and heat recovery boilers.
• Knowledge of maintenance of large frame gas turbine power plants to include simple cycle and combined cycle gas turbine power plants and auxiliaries.
• Knowledge of operation of large frame gas turbine power plants to include simple cycle and combined cycle gas turbine power plants and auxiliaries.
• Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation crafts as they relate to the operation and maintenance of power plant equipment.
_OPEN REQUIREMENTS:_ Eight (8) years of experience in power generation or an equivalent industrial setting. Experience must include a minimum of four (4) years working at a journey level in a singular craft (electrical, mechanical, instrument & control).
A valid drivers license is required prior to employment and must be maintained during employment in this classification.
Job: *Operations - Electric
Title: Generation Working Lead (CT Combined Cycles)
Requisition ID: 11555