Southeast Connections Mini Excavator Operator in Indian Trail, North Carolina
Mini Excavator Operator
Title: Mini Excavator Operator
Location: Indian Trail, NC
More about this job >
Southeast Connections LLC, provides inclusive infrastructure solutions for the natural gas industry. We construct the systems and facilities to transport the nation's cleanest burning energy resource. Southeast Connections offers complete construction services that include pipeline construction, installation, maintenance, repairs, stations, facility modification and new construction. From Senior Management to the "boots on the ground", Southeast Connections, LLC is dedicated & determined to remain the industry leader and earn continued respect from clients through our professionalism.
We offer excellent compensation and industry-leading benefits, such as health, dental and vision, life insurance, STD and LTD starting on DAY 1. Eligibility for Company matching 401K benefit after 3 months of employment.
This position consists of skilled workers who possess the required knowledge, skill and physical ability to perform construction and maintenance work in the gas distribution, underground utilities, and gas service lines, as well as working with daily contacts with the public. Performs duties as directed by foreman while operating any or all of the following equipment: backhoe, excavator, vibratory or static plows, trenchers or directional bore machines in the installation, removal or maintenance of underground utilities and pipe installation.
• Skilled worker who possess the required knowledge, skill, and physical ability to perform construction and maintenance duties related to the natural gas industry
• Ability to perform the essential physical functions of the job and operate within a short time frame as needed
• Must have personal characteristics suitable for making contacts with customers and the public
• Must work well with others
• Must follow all safety policies and safety procedures per DC, LLC standards and the utility customer
• Load material or equipment for transport from show-up yard to job site and secure as appropriate
• Place, remove or maintain underground utilities as directed. This includes but is not limited to: carrying pipe, bags of material and other heavy items, jack hammering, shoveling, tamping and installing pipe, duct or cable
• Secure work site, equipment and materials at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials
Education Preferred: High school diploma or GED
Experience Required: 3 years prior operating experience
Qualifications: Required: Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and the ability to obtain a CDL, gas construction experience, strong work ethic and willing to work in team environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.