Southwire Engineer, Electrical II in Huntersville, North Carolina
Engineer, Electrical II
Apply now »
Date: Nov 15, 2023
Location: Huntersville, NC, US, 28078
Company: Southwire Company LLC
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: Huntersville, NC
Southwire Job Description
Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer II
Department: Engineering & Modernization (8879)
Location: Huntersville NC
Reports To: Modernization Engineering Manager
The Electrical Project Engineer will support and drive the planning, execution, handoff, and evaluation phases for assigned modernization capital projects. As a team member within the Engineering & Modernization group, this professional will be engaged in multiple capital projects simultaneously across the manufacturing footprint.
The Electrical Project Engineer's responsibilities include reviewing all engineering design plans, performing complex calculations, designing, and constructing electrical systems and their components, liaising with other engineers, and maintaining relationships with site personnel, vendors, and other stakeholders. The individual is expected to adhere to the allocated budget and build reliable, quality electrical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promote safety in the workplace and on all project job sites
• Prepare, receive, and evaluate bid packages for contractor work
• Coordinate with plant management, production scheduling, and support groups to complete projects on schedule
• Develop switching orders, plans and procedures for safe shutdowns and rebuilds
• Develop safety policies, maintenance procedures, and operating standards for power distribution equipment
• Analyzing technical drawings, interpreting specifications and determining the electrical requirements of a given project.
• Diagnosing problems and troubleshooting equipment.
For the control system focus area, knowledge and experience in one or more of the following is desired:
• Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and electrical control systems
• Experience and proficiency with ladder logic/PLC programming, Siemens and Rockwell preferred
• Relay protection design
• Electrical distribution design and equipment (high voltage, medium voltage, low voltage)
• Cost estimating
• Startup and commissioning
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 3 or more years of engineering experience required
• Knowledge and/or experience in industrial power distribution systems desired
• 2D AutoCAD Electrical experience required
• Power systems analysis and design software experience preferred
• Must be able to travel approximately 30% of the time.
Plans and Aligns
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Nearest Secondary Market: Concord
Apply now »