Exelon Supv, Retail Ops in HOUSTON, Texas
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Constellation is seeking a qualified professional with proven experience and results to join our Retail Operations team as a Supervisor located in our Houston office.
The Supervisor position within Retail Operations is responsible for managing and coordinating the activities and operations of the teams in the assigned business function areas. The supervisor will maintain an advance understanding of the workflow activity and business process mapping as well as the current industry and regulatory requirements within the assigned teams. The supervisor will guide the team through complex workflow issue resolution and evaluate the integrity of system controls providing direction and support for innovation where needed. The supervisor will proactively communicate with other teams to avoid or fully remediate issues that cross multiple functional areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Workflow Monitoring and Performance Improvement : Guide team through complex issues and execute remediation. Encourage and practice curiosity and exploration to develop better ways of delivering the right solutions. Review and evaluate the integrity of internal controls and the reliability of control procedures/metrics
· Cross Functional Communications and Risk Mitigation: Effectively communicate with department leadership and other departments to address and resolve business issues. Maintain an advance understanding of industry and regulatory requirements within own team. Proactively communicate with other teams to avoid or fully remediate issues that cross multiple business function areas.
· Workflow Innovation and Functional Knowledge Collaboration: Innovates workflow processes with focus and intent, creating the solutions that matter most for our customers. Maintain an advance understanding of business process mapping and workflow activity within own team. Proactively challenge the status quo to automate and improve processes. Collaborate with other functional teams to provide recommendations for ongoing workflow innovation.
· Team Development: Work with team to design and execute development plans addressing communication, leadership, technical skill training, and increasing industry knowledge. Define personal development goals and objectives for team. Create opportunities to develop team.
· Comprehension/Adherence of Policies and Controls: Communicate proactively across multiple groups to avoid or fully remediate issues as it relates to UDC/ISO market rule changes. Ensure that all Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) Key Controls and other company policies are followed.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related discipline
· 5 or more years in equivalent business experience
· Demonstrative management/leadership skills (3 or more years of leadership/management experience)
· Proven ability to develop a team through recruitment, training and personal development
· Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, in oral or written form, with internal and external parties
· Ability to work well under stressful situations
· Ability to make quick and independent decisions earning credibility
· Excellent organizational, time management skills
· Results driven and team oriented
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Management Information Technology or Supply Chain Management
· Prior experience in the retail energy industry and/or regulated energy industry
· Prior experience in using CRM and/or Order-to-Cash workflow systems
· Working knowledge of UDC/ISO market EDI transactions
· Level and depth of supervisory duties:responsible for team leads, individual contributors and contractors
· Budget accountability, impact on asset management, and organization revenue: Budget accountability for managing team expenses and other team related costs.
· Level of independence, decision-making authority or strategic planning accountability:High- level of independent decision making while considering many factors such as business risk, legal risk, enforceability of contracts. Provides capital improvement recommendations to pursue that will increase efficiency and effectiveness in managed business area.
· Total number of employees managed (direct and indirect):Approximately 10
· Internal and external contact relationships: Key external contacts include Utility Supplier Representatives and Constellation Vendors. Key internal contacts include the Leadership Team, Retail Sales, Federal and State Regulatory and Policy Groups, Customer Care, Contract Administration, Billing, Pricing, Forecasting and Legal.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Commercial Operations
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Supv, Retail Ops
Requisition ID: 210417