Exelon Sr Analyst, Retail Ops in HOUSTON, Texas
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Constellation is seeking a qualified professional with proven experience and results to join our Retail Operations team as a Senior Analyst to be located in our Houston office.
The Senior Analyst position within Retail Operations is the subject matter expert during escalations and provide cross function communications across the organization. The Senior Analyst will monitor the day-to-day workflow activities for the functional team and provide quality performance reporting for the targeted deliverables. The Senior Analyst will provide leadership and feedback to team members and champion teamwork across the functional team. The Senior Analyst is responsible for managing process improvement activities and leading cross-functional team education as well as team training for the assigned workflow areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Workflow Monitoring and Performance Reporting:
Monitor day-to-day workflow activities for the functional team to ensure work performed by team members is high quality, timely and in compliance with operational objectives. Communicate functional team’s progress, status and issues to management. Report targeted and obtained deliverables.
Cross Functional Communications and Escalations:
Drive interaction and communication between functional team and internal and external stakeholders. Serve as escalation point of contact for internal and external customer issues impacting the team. Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on cross functional teams and projects across the organization.
Workflow Improvement and Functional Knowledge Collaboration:
Initiate process improvements and cross-functional team education and training for assigned workflow areas. Support and drive interaction between team members and other functional teams. Participate and lead both tactical and strategic system improvement projects, including requirement gathering, solution design, testing, and system deployment.
Team Leadership and Team Development Support:
Provide leadership and feedback to team members and champion teamwork across the functional team. Work strategically to identify the need for system or process changes and workload reallocation based on changing business needs and assign work to team members accordingly. Work with manager to develop and implement team level plans addressing communication, leadership, technical skill training, and increasing industry knowledge.
Comprehension/Adherence of Policies and Controls:
Maintain an advanced understanding of UDC/ISO market rules and ensure own group and other groups within Operations are following current market requirements. Ensure that all Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) Key Controls and other company policies are followed.
• Bachelor’s degree required, although candidates with 7 or more years in equivalent business experience will be considered
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external parties as required
• Can obtain and analyze data without supervision and can reason through complex scenarios to suggest course of action or remediation
• Effectively communicate with, develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers
• Excellent attention to detail knowing others will depend on it being correct
• Works independently and as a team member
• Strong organizational and time management skills - ability to organize and prioritize a fast-paced, heavy workload
• Adapts to changing markets, systems, and processes
• Works in tight deadlines and shifting priorities but continues to be organized and methodical
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Management Information Technology or Supply Chain Management
• Prior experience in the retail energy industry and/or regulated energy industry
• Prior experience in using CRM and/or Order-to-Cash workflow systems
• Working knowledge of UDC/ISO market EDI transactions
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Access and/or SQL database query development
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Commercial Operations
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Sr Analyst, Retail Ops
Requisition ID: 214641