NextEra Energy Lead Landman Services Representative - GI in Houston, Texas
Lead Landman Services Representative - GI
Date:May 29, 2018
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77002
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24601
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Come join our team. We are seeking an in-house Lead Landman who has a passion for the Energy Market. In this role you will handle land efforts associated with organic lease acquisition and a horizontal drilling program and will need to be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously. East Texas/Louisiana experience and CPL certification a plus.
In addition to the responsibilities below this individual will be responsible for the following:
· Prioritizes and directs land agents in acquisition efforts
· Analyzes project needs to acquire sufficient land to develop
· Negotiating leases, JOA's, farmin/farmout agreements, surface use agreements, and other industry agreements
· Understanding project regulatory issues – Louisiana experience a plus
· Providing project updates to management regarding land acquisitions
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!!
Job Overview This job is responsible for providing knowledge, research and coordination of land issues dealing with drilling and operations in the asset’s and/or company’s focus areas. Employees in this role procure and manage the company’s mineral and leasehold interests for an assigned geographical area by obtaining the legal right to drill oil and gas wells on a specific property.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Verifies ownership of property where the company seeks to explore for oil and gas
- Negotiates the purchase of oil and gas leases, or assignments of oil and gas leases
- Researches and reports the company’s ownership position, competitor activity, potential legal issues, or other matters for the purpose of decision making and strategic planning
- Coordinates and communicates with representatives from internal departments
- Ensures the appropriate steps are taken to meet the company drilling goals and deadlines
- Compiles and updates land maps that display pertinent land information pertaining to prospects within the assigned area of responsibility
- Updates management team on current land positions
- Directs and interacts with field lease brokers
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Real Estate/Facilities Mgmt/Land Svcs Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-NM1 Nearest Major Market:Houston