NextEra Energy (Cost Accounting)Technical Specialist in Houston, Texas
(Cost Accounting)Technical Specialist
Date:Sep 18, 2018
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77002
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 27382
Trinity Operating is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas from onshore properties within the U.S.
Position Specific Description We strengthen and engage our greatest asset - our people!
- The Technical Specialist will be responsible for the following job functions:
Creating shopping carts
Cutting purchase orders
SAP 3-way verification
Material transfers, inventory management
Ensuring PO are executed and returned by vendors
Tracking field cost spend versus PO amount
Tracking monthly Actuals versus field cost estimates versus AFE
Review coding and make corrections as needed
Assist AP in tracking down any missing information holding up the invoice approval process
Assist engineers to coordinate bidding processes with ISC
- Fill out and file regulatory permits and reports as needed
- Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as may be required at the direction of the Operations Engineers;
- Administrative functions as required Job Overview This job is responsible for overseeing and developing oil and gas projects. Employees in this role complete projects to meet production goals in an efficient and cost saving manner. This position evaluates project performance and upside potential for asset acquisition and divestment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and maintains programs to ensure job quality, safety, and cost
- Prepares and provides information in order to obtain regulatory permits
- Evaluates and ranks new opportunities
- Implements strategies to improve current plans to continually refine operations to contain costs
- Works with operating partners to identify and pick new locations, perforations and completion techniques
- Analyzes offset and competitor data and trends in order to improve performance
- Provides accurate and timely well cost estimates
- Recommends and applies new technology in drilling and completions
- Makes recommendations to strategic plans
- Maintains a safe work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures
- Ensures field activities are in compliance with company policies and government regulations
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 3+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technical Specialist Organization: Trinity Operating, LLC. Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-AS1 Nearest Major Market:Houston Job Segment:Gas, Gas Technician, Energy