NextEra Energy Associate Business Account Specialist (Collections) in Houston, Texas
Associate Business Account Specialist (Collections)
Date:Oct 8, 2018
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77070
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26178
/NextEra Energy Services is one of the fastest-growing retail energy providers, delivering innovative energy solutions with affordable electricity plans, including 100 percent renewable energy plans to more than 1.1 million residential and business customers throughout North America.
Position Specific Description Come join our Accounts Receivable team in expansion! We are seeking an Associate Business Account Specialist (Collections) who has a passion for the Energy industry with collections experience in the following electricity retail markets-PJM, ERCOT, NEISO, and NY. In this dynamic role you will have the opportunity to make an impact in the following:
- Successfully handling collection calls and/or correspondence as a Collections Specialist in a fast paced goal oriented collections department
- Conduct in-depth customer account investigation when handling customer request
- Complete weekly review for all accounts pending disconnection for non-payment
- Perform portfolio reviews to assess overall credit quality and trends. Provide counsel to management concerning accounts receivable and payables
- Identifies account risks, potential credit problems, disputes and other customer issues
- Provide full account management support to business, commercial, industrial, national, and/or government customers and/or residential
- Negotiate, construct, and implement payment plans when necessary
- Reconcile customer accounts to ensure payments and credits are applied correctly
- Interact with good communication skills with Credit, Collections, Sales, Brokers & Customer Service to remedy past due account balances and resolve issues
- Manage workflow within the group to ensure prompt turnaround
- Recommend customer accounts for outside collections or legal action
- Good problem solving skills, detail oriented and self-motivated while acquiring and applying new knowledge and skills
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, good judgment, initiative and discretion in business related transactions, and meet aggressive deadlines
- 1-3 years collections and Accounts Receivable experience is desired
- Understand regulatory rules, PUC, and knowledge of 3rd Party disclosure and FDCPA
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: proficient Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup)
- Associate's Degree preferred
Job Overview Employees in this role provide general administrative support to a department or group of professionals. This position requires some independent judgment of org standards.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision: • Compiles basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials • Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures • Exercises independent judgment and employs basic reasoning skills • Maintains or prepares records and documentation • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Experience:1+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Administrative/Clerical Organization: Gexa Energy LP Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-NM1 Nearest Major Market:Houston