Eversource Energy Working Foreman, Distribution Equipment Repair Facility in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA, and NH. We’re proud to provide safe, reliable service to 4.3 million electricity, natural gas, and water customers. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Supervises personnel in the operation of the Distribution Equipment Repair Facility. Performs testing, resetting, maintenance, repair, and scrapping activities associated with distribution and transmission equipment. Typical equipment includes transformers, breakers,
reclosers, sectionalizers, regulators, capacitors and switches, and associate equipment. Tests bucket liners. Supports Rubber Goods laboratory when needed. Performs any or all tasks required to complete work assignments and ensures that all activities are conducted in a safe, efficient, and environmentally acceptable manner.
- Planning, scheduling, and supervising the inspection, test, reset, maintenance, repair and scrapping of distribution and transmission equipment for the Distribution Equipment Mechanics.
- Supervising and performing field-testing, maintenance, and repairs to distribution and transmission equipment.
- Supervising the receiving, storing, shipping and transfer of related materials, parts, tools, and equipment.
- Maintaining adequate inventory levels of distribution and transmission equipment parts, materials, and tools to enable efficient repairs and maintenance.
- Works with Substation Operations Support group ensuring proper levels of distribution and transmission equipment are maintained to support scheduled requests of in-service equipment and emergency backup requirements.
- Maintaining records and computer databases and implementing schedules relative to the maintenance of distribution and transmission equipment in order to monitor equipment dependability and worker productivity.
- Assuring that both workers and facility are in compliance with applicable safety and environmental policies, rules, and regulations.
- Assisting in performing regular inspections of all hazardous waste and PCB related equipment and storage facilities.
- Works with Substation Operations Support group preparing manifests, logs, requisitions, transfers, shipping records, receiving reports, bills of lading, damage/insurance claims and all other necessary reports related to the distribution and transmission repair function.
- Communicating directly with customers or other company personnel, and assisting as necessary with preventative maintenance or repairs of customer owned equipment.
- Performing the duties of a Distribution Equipment Mechanic.
- Training, instructing, and evaluating the performance of operating personnel and initiating additional training or corrective action as may be necessary to bring performance up to standard.
- Resolving personnel problems and administering corporate policies and practices for operating personnel.
- Interviewing applicants, recommending hiring, transfers, promotions, demotions, and discipline.
High School diploma or equivalent. Vocational/Technical school certificate in Industrial Electricity or equivalent in combined education and experience.
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience. Experience equivalent to that specified for the Distribution Equipment Mechanic I.
Mu st pass EEI testing ( CAST test), physical prescreening, and successful completion of a technical and behavioral interview.
Licenses & Certifications:
Minimum Class B-H Commercial License.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
In addition to those skills specified for a Distribution Equipment Mechanic I, this position requires the ability to oversee and direct work.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross-functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner.
Please attach a resume when competing your online application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs