Eversource Energy Project Manager, Transmission in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
Individual will manage transmission projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Works closely with personnel throughout the Eversource Company to engineer, design, site, permit and construct assigned projects. Primary duties include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and equipment; and ensuring all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Individual is assigned projects of medium complexity, or assigned to assist in supporting specific project management responsibilities of a larger project.
- Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi stakeholder involvement, with low to medium financial risk exposure profile requiring management reporting.
- Individual understands and applies project management methodology utilizing various project tools, controls, and techniques.
- Works closely with Eversource Energy Delivery personnel, Legal, Siting, Environmental, Regulatory Relations, Procurement, Communications and all Transmission Business functions to ensure project success.
- Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles andresponsibilities.
- Manage project contractors and/or vendors to ensure work is completed in compliance with the jobspecifications. Review/approve contractor and vendor timesheets and/or invoices and ensure payments are made in a timely manner.
- Manages the team’s development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, and communications plan and establishes the change controlmethodology.
- Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow.
- Manages the development of a comprehensive siting and permitting needs assessment. Coordinates an environmental assessment and the necessary regulatory approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin construction.
- Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budgets and schedules.
- Manages execution of the project plan and project change control management process.
- Manages the development of and participates in the required regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
- Ensures the timely preparation to ISO-NE, and other regulatory project submittals.
- Manages the development of required energization plans and operating instructions.
- Manages the timely preparation of the long-term outage plan submittals.
- Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals.
- Provides clear, concise and comprehensive project status reports to management.
- Ensures all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Attends to problems off-hours and for extended periods.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered. Master’s Degree and Project Management class work are desirable. A minimum of five (5) years of related experience required; familiarity with Project Management methodologies is highly desirable.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Project Management Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor