Eversource Energy Lead Engineer - Substation Project Commissioning in Hooksett, New Hampshire
Job Description Summary:
This position has the responsibility for overseeing the development and implementation of test plans, processes, and procedures for the testing and commissioning of transmission and distribution substation equipment and projects. This position works closely with System Test and Protection & Controls Engineering in the development of specific project test and commissioning plans with a focus on ensuring safety, eliminating issues and errors during the commission process, and ensuring the scope/intent of the project has been achieved. This position is also involved with the strategic development, expansion, planning, design, maintenance and operation of the system and its equipment to meet the mission and objectives of the organization. Responsible for supervising, assigning, prioritizing and directing the work performed by other Engineers or other assigned staff.
- Manages, coaches, develops and reviews performance of engineers and other staff.
- Responsible for ensuring substation equipment and projects are tested and commissioned in accordance with industry and Eversource standards with a focus on safety and maintaining system reliability
- Responsible for the selection, cost and performance of contractors and contractor personnel involved in the project commission process.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions relating to project commissioning.
- Responsible for the development of standards and procedures for the test and commissioning of substation equipment and projects.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Electrical engineering knowledge with a focus on substation project testing and commissioning.
Education: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is required.
Experiences: A minimum of eight (8) years in utility distribution/transmission test and engineering is required. Supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses: A valid motor vehicle operator's license.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor