UGI Corporation ACE - Over the Road Driver in Hillside, Illinois
ACE - Over the Road Driver
Hillside, IL, US
Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Are you looking for an exciting career with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic person to join us as anACE Regional Over-the-Road Delivery Representative.
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
• Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
• 401(K) with company match
• Generous bonus potential
• Paid time off (including holidays)
• Paid Training
• Annual performance reviews and salary increases
• Propane discounts
• Career advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
The ACE Regional Over-The-Road Driver delivers gas grill cylinders to AmeriGas locations by tractor-trailer truck. In this position, you would load and unload pallets of cylinders at the AmeriGas District locations and Production Facility. Lay overs are possible to comply with DOT regulation hours and the truck has a sleeper cab available. The position is responsible for achieving delivery and repair objectives. Drivers will communicate daily with the ACE Operations Manager regarding work activities and may need to participate in tank refurbishing to meet customer needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Forklift Certified, CTEP certification desirable
• Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions
• Bending and climbing in and out of the truck
• Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
• Must be flexible with delivery schedule and work hours as needed to service our customers
Education and Experience Required:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid CDL with appropriate Hazmat endorsements and good driving record
• 5 years’ experience in regional hauling w/Tractor Trailers preferred
• Experience securing loads in both cargo-van and flatbed applications
• No more than 3 tickets in 3 years and no accidents in the past 2 years
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Job Segment: Behavioral Health, Substance Abuse, Truck Driver, Warehouse, Forklift, Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing