Southwire Engineer, Mechanical II in Hawesville, Kentucky
Engineer, Mechanical II
Apply now »
Date: Nov 12, 2023
Location: Hawesville, KY, US, 42348
Company: Southwire Company LLC
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: Hawesville, KY
Southwire Job Description
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer II
Department: Engineering & Modernization (8879)
Location: Hawesville KY
Reports To: Project Manager
The Mechanical Engineer will design and install engineered mechanical systems for Modernization projects. The individual will be responsible for mechanical aspects through plan, execute, handoff and evaluate project phases. As a team member within the Modernization Engineering group, this professional will be engaged in multiple projects simultaneously across the manufacturing footprint.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promote safety in the workplace and on all project job sites
• Complete projects from plan through evaluate phases
• Prepare and present engineering project takeoffs for budgeting and procurement
• Provide proper documentation as required to support maintenance and operation of new equipment
• Capable of design of original concepts
• Capable of designing systems within estimated budgets
• Must work with project managers, vendors, and contractors to complete assigned projects
• Must coordinate with plant management groups to complete projects on schedule
• Keep abreast of current trends and technology and utilize this information effectively
• Travel to manufacturing plants in support of capital projects and improvement activities
• Work with production and maintenance, as required, to identify mechanical problems/failures, design/develop solution(s), implement solution(s)
• Design and redesign machine components to improve reliability
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required, degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• Must have 3+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities along with outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills required.
• Strong knowledge and expertise of engineering methods and concepts.
• Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• 2D AutoCAD and 3D modeling experience is required.
• Must be creative and be able to work independently with only general supervision.
• Must be able to travel approximately 30% of the time.
Plans and Aligns
Benefits We Offer:
401k with Matching
Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
Long & Short-Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Referral Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Owensboro
Apply now »