Eversource Energy Transmission Internship Program - CT in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The Transmission Internship Program is a 3-month program designed to provide you with an opportunity for career development, training, and varied work experience. Throughout this program, you will gain training and experience working in assigned area of the Transmission business such as:
•Transmission Project Management and Construction
•Transmission Cost & Preformance
•Transmission Planning & Scheduling
•Transmission Contract Controls
As an intern, you will assist in managing transmission projects to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Work closely with personnel throughout the Eversource Company to engineer, design, site, permit, and construct assigned projects. This intern position also assists project managers with securing approval for permits and licenses, budgets materials, contractors, and other resources. Your primary duties include assisting the management of all aspects of assigned projects including the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and equipment; and ensuring all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Duties will include project close out, support Project Managers in project documentation and other duties as assigned by the Managers.
- Communicates and provides clear, concise, and comprehensive status reports on assigned tasks or project segments to the Project Manager as required.
- Maintain compliance documentation and evidence within the corporate database to ensure material is accurate and available for regulatory audits
- Coordinate regulatory audit preparation activities to ensure potential non-compliance issues are identified and corrected
- Assist with developing processes, procedural controls, and implementation mechanisms for achieving and sustaining compliance with all applicable standard requirements
- Consult with operational personnel regarding compliance standards in order to maintain an environment of continuous improvement to operations and reliability
- Work on projects that will help develop analytical, audit, research, testing and validation skills
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
- Limited travel will be required between office, project sites, and stakeholder locations.
- Work will require visiting field construction sites including high voltage substations and utility Rights-of-Way.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex documents
- Ability to analyze data and information and extract relevant factors
- Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
- Ability to assist with answering data requests for regulatory bodies
- Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
- Initiative and personal ownership
- Strong team membership skills, Interpersonal communication skills & attention to detail
- Functional understanding of computerized business systems
- Independent in performing & figuring out how to accomplish challenging tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or Business-related degrees.
Check out this video to find out what it’s like to work on our growing Transmission team!
Student / Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs