Eversource Energy Team Leader - Budget & Investment Planning, Transmission in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Role and Scope of Position:
This Technical Consultant is responsible for supporting the Budget & Investment Planning Department that provides cost reporting for Eversource Transmission Project Management Organization. Plans, develops and provides services to support projects. Monitors and analyzes project performance against established criteria to forecast project and capital budget results. Looks to optimize products and/or seek system/process improvements including: detailed project planning and scheduling functions, cost estimating and analysis of capital and expense cost expenditures, and project management information systems.
2. Essential Functions:
Consultant to the Transmission Project Management Organization for all projects throughout the project lifecycle on the following processes: initial budget (PAF) approval; project cash flows; cost reports; and Power Plan, Planning Analytics and e-Builder systems utilization.
Support regular status updates of existing and development of new Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as well as the monitoring/reporting of projects. These metrics would include measures such as actuals vs. budget; month over month comparisons; and monthly project/program cost reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Develop and initiate continuous improvement initiatives with such tools and techniques as procedure enhancements, process enhancements, training guides & instruction, spot checking and departmental self-assessments.
- The individual must be self-reliant with a strong sense of self-motivation, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to set priorities and support diverse needs
- Knowledge of project management information systems, engineering economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, capital budgeting and rate recovery.
- Ability to monitor and analyze cost information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Individual will require a good understanding of corporate strategies and initiatives along with a thorough understanding of the Transmission organization.
- Demonstrated high competence in past assignments
Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business (preferred); undergraduate degree in Engineering or equivalent degree will be considered. A Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent education and/or professional experience is highly desirable.
- 10 years related experience in Project Management, Engineering, Contracting, Cost and Scheduling or similar role
- The above 10 years preferred to include 5 years’ experience in a project and /or construction environment or similar role
- Experience with managing multiple projects/priorities
- Ensures compliance with applicable Transmission procedures
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Limited travel may be required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Normal office environment
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Nature of work is project driven.
- Will involve high dollar, volume and complex calculations.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs