Eversource Energy Team Lead, Siting in Hartford, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! As part of a project-based matrixed organization and working with Project team members, subject matter experts, other Eversource departments and external stakeholders, develop and manage siting strategies and tactics to support Transmission, Transmission Maintenance and other applicable work activities ("projects" or "project"). Responsible for leading the determination of project siting and Siting-supported permit strategies, developing siting filings and managing the siting process through construction and post-construction compliance, leading and coordinating this effort , as required, for a portfolio of projects. Closely coordinate with the Siting Team to ensure that messages conveyed to agencies or other outside stakeholders are clear, consistent and aligned. Responsible for managing and mitigating risk, with respect to key project information such as project scope, schedule and cost, during the siting phase of the project.
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.7 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Assists with the development of and manages Siting strategies and tactics in support of Transmission, Transmission Maintenance and other applicable work activities (“projects”).Leads the project siting and Siting -supported permit strategies, developing the Siting filings and managing the Siting process through construction, leading and coordinating this effort between the Project Teams, external SMEs and agency staff for a portfolio of projects. Coordinates with the Siting Team to ensure messages conveyed to agencies or outside stakeholders are clear, consistent and aligned.Responsible for managing and mitigating risk, with respect to key project information such as, project scope, schedule and cost, throughout the siting phase of the project.
- Determines and manages the implementation of specific siting and Siting-supported permitting strategies and tactics applicable to regulatory and other key stakeholders, collaborating with respective SMEs, e.g., Environmental, Regulatory Affairs, Real Estate, Engineering, Siting and Construction Services (SCS), etc.
Manages the development of all Siting and Siting-supported permit documents including applications, petitions, sub-petitions, Section 72 Determinations, Notice of Exemptions, project change requests, reports and other submittals
Manages associated inputs, testimony, exhibits, data/record request responses from Project Team and/or other SMEs to meet regulatory deadlines; Works with Project Management and other SMEs on witness coaching and other individualized preparation to achieve Company expectations
Responsible oversight of a team of Siting Specialists and associated contractor support, including oversight of their contracts and review/approval of monthly invoices. Provides guidance on response to escalated siting/permitting issues and manages these issues to resolution, updates management and/or affected stakeholders to minimize risk to the project and potential for further escalation
- Participates in field constructability reviews/site walkdowns to assess project risk and property/community impacts and aids in the development of impact mitigation plans
- Manages Project-related interactions with the agencies, parties and intervenors or other key stakeholders
- Develops and manages the timing and release of all project-based regulatory-required notices and publications; manages ongoing training of field contractors to ensure their understanding and compliance with the project regulatory requirements
Ensures compliance with the approved project – per the declarations and statements made by the Project in the siting filings and during the regulatory process and with the regulatory requirements pursuant to the project work activities including:
Decisions and Orders; Orders of Condition; Declaratory Rulings; Permit Conditions
Works with Company subject matter experts, (e.g. Project Management, SCS, Environmental, Real Estate, Construction, Community Relations and others) to develop necessary presentations and project materials to support external project communications
- Coordinates closely with SCS on the logistics associated with siting and permitting hearings, open house and related events that may be required or conducted by local and/or state councils/boards
- Strong understanding of the applicable Siting and Siting-supported permit requirements or other regulatory processes
- Strong leadership capabilities and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to provide both strategic insight and perform detail-based analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record in planning, coordinating and managing diverse projects or activities
- Ability to interact effectively with agency staff and/or other key stakeholders
- Foundational understanding of electric utility infrastructure
- Experience in management and oversight of contractors preferred
- Experience in managing contracts and reviewing invoices preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Land Use Planning, Environmental, Engineering, Law or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years utility, siting, regulatory, project management or related experience. Overall working experience of a minimum of 10 years required.
- Supervisory experience preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- None required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs