Eversource Energy Supervisor, Electric Field Operations (Underground) in Hartford, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position will supervise underground department employees (cable splicers). Provides leadership to ensure the safe, timely and efficient completion of all work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration of the electric distribution system. Plans, schedules, coordinate, and supervise all Line Department activity in an assigned area of responsibility. Ensures effective coordination among and between individuals and departments in the district/division. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Demonstrates a customer-focus commitment and ensures department members deliver the best possible customer experience. Drives and motivates an organization of diverse thought and workforce.
- Baccalaureate degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent.
- Five years of directly related experience in engineering or business.
- Previous experience in electric distribution facilities is preferred.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is also preferred.
- Once achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Working knowledge of methods, work practices, and procedures regarding the safe construction, operation, and maintenance of electric distribution facilities and infrastructure at both secondary and primary operating voltages. Must possess strong analytical skills and troubleshooting skills.
- Must maintain switching and tagging qualifications under TD 800 (Qualified Person List); requests and reviews switching, and approves switching instructions.
- Must have a strong knowledge of computers and related technology and have the ability to learn and utilize available information technologies.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor