Eversource Energy Specialist, Siting (Hybrid) in Hartford, Connecticut
This is a hybrid role with the first three months in the office.
Eversource is proud to lead the way on an equitable clean energy transition that achieves the decarbonization goals of the states we serve. As our region moves away from fossil fuels and towards renewable energy, electric demand will increase significantly. Across New England, customers are embracing renewable energy and choosing clean technologies like electric vehicles and heat pumps. To safely and reliably meet our customers’ energy needs, Eversource is building the grid of the future to reliably deliver vast amounts of new clean energy and strengthen the grid to better withstand severe weather and other threats due to climate change.
As part of Eversource’s Transmission Siting team, you will support strategic placement of key clean energy infrastructure while balancing environmental, regulatory and community interests. You will help guide the development of a resilient and reliable grid that will not only meet today's needs, but also reliably deliver the clean power that families and businesses will count on for decades to come.
Eversource is looking for a Specialist, Siting located in Hartford, CT. This role is responsible for managing the Siting process through development and construction of a project. Activities include: leading and coordinating timely regulatory filings which include, applications, petitions, sub-petitions, or other similar filings specific to state siting, municipal zoning, state departments of transportation, state and private railroads and other related state agencies, ensuring consistency with the regulatory requirements and managing the process for securing these approvals. Provide oversight as to compliance with conditions of approval. Perform siting needs assessment for Connecticut, Massachusetts and/or New Hampshire projects with input from Project Managers and Project Leads.
- Performs siting needs assessments with input from Project Managers/Project Leads
- Leads the preparation of formal applications, petitions, sub-petitions or other similar filings specific to state siting, municipal zoning, state departments of transportation, state and private railroads and other related state agencies for siting new or, upgrading existing, transmission and substation facilities.
- Manages associated inputs, testimony, data request responses by technical disciplines.
- Supports the compliance assurance process regarding Project adherence to conditions of siting approvals and/or permits.
- Maintains proficiency with applicable siting procedures, regulations and orders to ensure consistency and incorporate evolving direction from submittal to submittal.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with agency staffs.
- Supports preparations, evaluations, recommendations and comments for proposed changes in regulatory and permitting policies or for generic proceedings.
- Understanding of electric transmission desired
- Understanding of siting or similar regulatory process preferred
- Understanding of applicable Federal and state energy regulation
- Strong written and oral communication and influence skills
- Ability to organize and manage cross functional teams including engineers, attorneys, real estate and environmental professionals andoutreach/communicationspersonnel
- Ability to analyze information, determine facts and make decisions and recommendations in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ability to undertake, with only general supervision, multiple and divergent projects and achieve their successful completion
- Ability to interact effectively with customers and outside stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree: Degree in Environmental, Engineering or Land Planning or related disciplines or equivalentexperience.
- Three (3) to five (5) year’s utility or related industry experience is required.
- Regulatory and/or legal experience ispreferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $90,530 - $100,590 plus incentive. Salary is commiserate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of ourbenefits.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH, as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs